You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is that Mage deck going to be a problem?

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
4 weeks ago#11
wolf_lancer25 posted...
i'm currently playing and its much more consistent than most of you think. I've beaten several aggro decks and yes, token druid too.

its disgusting and it badly needs a nerf, khadgar or the twinspell. I feel bad myself as i sometimes end the game if the opponent can't get rid of the giant.

Winning a few games against aggro does not mean the deck is good against aggro. Token Druid steamrolls that deck, what could you even run to counter it? If you don’t get the Mountain Giant dream early the Token Druid’s just gonna vomit some stuff that you can only ping or maybe MC Tech away, and then he’s gonna Roar you to death on like turn 6. There’s nothing Mage can really put in the deck to stop that. If you try to run AoE spells your Book of Specters gets considerably worse.

The deck is kind of polarizing in that it’s horrible against aggro but nearly unbeatable against Control. It feels like Cubelock or Cube Hunter a bit. Those decks similarly were bad against aggro but steamrolled control. They were never truly oppressive and this Mage deck won’t be either
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

User Info: marc55

marc55
4 weeks ago#12
definition of "problem "other than " people will play it "?
There is no sound, no voice, no cry in all the world that can be heard... until someone listens.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is that Mage deck going to be a problem?