The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is that Mage deck going to be a problem?

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
2 months ago#1
I don't check any stats or anything... just go by my own anecdotal experiences, but more often than not whenever I'm matched against the Mountain Giant/Grave Horror Hand Mage, I get stomped by Turn 5 or 6, and it feels incredibly strong and unstoppable.

It could be because I'm still experimenting with weaker, fun decks (Recurring Paladin and other nonsense) that take a while to get some steam going.

Is this mage deck about to run rampant? Or are aggro decks battering it enough that it'll fall in popularity?

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
2 months ago#2
it usually gets pretty wrecked by aggro from my experience

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#3
Mage? I've seen the Hand Mage decks, but then you mentioned Grave Horror and now I'm lost.

I have seen Grave Horror played in durdle Priest decks, but those seem pretty bad atm

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
2 months ago#4
DonnyG posted...
Mage? I've seen the Hand Mage decks, but then you mentioned Grave Horror and now I'm lost.

I have seen Grave Horror played in durdle Priest decks, but those seem pretty bad atm

It's using the new Mage Twinspell that destroys a minion and replaces it with two others of the same cost. Mountain Giant and Grave Horror are both 12 mana minions.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: DonnyG

DonnyG
2 months ago#5
Simmedon posted...
DonnyG posted...

It's using the new Mage Twinspell that destroys a minion and replaces it with two others of the same cost. Mountain Giant and Grave Horror are both 12 mana minions.

Ohhhhh ok, I haven't played against one that got to that point yet. Thanks for clarifying

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
2 months ago#6
It’s a pretty inconsistent deck. Yeah, it definitely feels OP when you get Giant on 4 into the nuts on 5, but when you don’t get that, it’s pretty slow and most aggro decks will run you over. Definitely a fun deck to play, though.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
2 months ago#7
Simmedon posted...
DonnyG posted...

Yeah, sorry @DonnyG .... I forgot the name of the Twinspell so lazily created my own deck name haha

User Info: mattfrank

mattfrank
2 months ago#8
They pretty much die to Token Druid, Zoolock
US 3ds FC:Bafflin 0533-4048-3637
Jpn 3ds FC:Mattfrank 3909-8121-4346

User Info: wolf_lancer25

wolf_lancer25
2 months ago#9
i'm currently playing and its much more consistent than most of you think. I've beaten several aggro decks and yes, token druid too.

its disgusting and it badly needs a nerf, khadgar or the twinspell. I feel bad myself as i sometimes end the game if the opponent can't get rid of the giant.

User Info: closetkpopfan

closetkpopfan
2 months ago#10
Control shaman works well, but you need hex early to stop it from happening, or build up a Hagathas scheme enough before their big turn.
http://s1.postimage.org/fm1o7jxqn/secret.jpg http://s28.postimg.org/iyw1do0vh/Untitled.png
http://s24.postimg.org/unjg0nrtx/1117615_1347687231256_full.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is that Mage deck going to be a problem?
  • Topic Archived