• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Deck building for beginners?

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#21
D3AthByLauGht3r posted...
Is there a "best hero" to use for arena?

I finally got all my Heroes to level 10 and unlocked arena.

I tried Hunter but I only got to 3 wins before I lost.

2 of my losses were from mage, pretty much every time I summoned a minion on the board it would be killed before I could make use of it.

The other loss was from a Warrior who I thought I would be able to beat but they wrecked me before I could do anything.

Is Hunter bad for the Arena or is there a certain way it should be used?

Keep in mind that my advice is going to change when the new Expansion arrives on April 9th. Many cards are rotating out of Standard and a large amount of new cards are coming in - so this info will change:

- The current top Arena Decks are Warlock, Mage, Warrior and Paladin. Hunter is ranked dead last currently in Arena so the fact that you got 3 wins and are pretty new is excellent

Arena is a great mode for beginners since you don't own most of the cards and you can practice using cards you don't normally get to use. The strategy in Arena is pretty different than Constructed. The main issue with Arena is the 150 Gold cost to get in. In order to break even, you need to win 3 games which is difficult to do for newer players (I say Break Even because you always get a pack, which is worth 100G, and at 3 wins you should be getting at least 50 Gold in addition).

When drafting an Arena deck, I suggest using www.heartharena.com. You input the cards you are offered and it will suggest to you which cards are optimal. As you build the Arena deck, the scores adjust based on synergy and curve. It's definitely a useful tool.
PSN: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#22
Add me on Battle.net in NA @D3AthByLauGht3r - you'll want to build your friend list as some of the quests you get require you to play or spectate a friend. Plus I'm happy to help with any questions as you have them

BNET - Sephiroth#1716

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#23
Some general tips:

You want to stockpile as much Gold as possible. You need Gold for packs and for Arena runs.

- Always check your Quests and reroll annoying ones
- You get 10 Gold for every 3 wins (limit 100 Gold per day)

Check this article out - https://disguisedtoast.com/articles/288-how-to-save-money-earn-free-packs-and-gold

Also every Wednesday at 1pm Eastern, a special mode called Tavern Brawl goes live. It lasts from Wednesday until Sunday and is a mode which usually has special rules for the week. Your first win of the week always awards a free pack. Some Brawls involve building your own Deck while many others give you a deck to use. Make sure to always get your free pack each week.

User Info: D3AthByLauGht3r

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#24
Sephiroth0327 posted...
Add me on Battle.net in NA @D3AthByLauGht3r - you'll want to build your friend list as some of the quests you get require you to play or spectate a friend. Plus I'm happy to help with any questions as you have them

BNET - Sephiroth#1716

Request sent. Thank you very much!
Close your eyes... Now imagine there's is nothing there... No rock roof... Just the sky, and beautiful shining specs of light.

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#25
Another tip is the Deck Builder - Blizzard just revamped how it works and it's actually pretty good now. It will add cards to your deck based on winrate/etc... It's not foolproof, but give it a try to see what suggestions it makes for you.

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#26
Sephiroth0327 posted...
Some general tips:

You want to stockpile as much Gold as possible. You need Gold for packs and for Arena runs.

Check this article out - https://disguisedtoast.com/articles/288-how-to-save-money-earn-free-packs-and-gold

Also every Wednesday at 1pm Eastern, a special mode called Tavern Brawl goes live. It lasts from Wednesday until Sunday and is a mode which usually has special rules for the week. Your first win of the week always awards a free pack. Some Brawls involve building your own Deck while many others give you a deck to use. Make sure to always get your free pack each week.

I wanted to do the Mammoth Tavern Brawl that came out last week but I only had 7 cards I could put in my deck. I think you could could only use certain cards and I only had 5 or so regular cards and 2 hero exclusive cards.
Close your eyes... Now imagine there's is nothing there... No rock roof... Just the sky, and beautiful shining specs of light.

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#27
Sephiroth0327 posted...
Some general tips:

I wanted to do the Mammoth Tavern Brawl that came out last week but I only had 7 cards I could put in my deck. I think you could could only use certain cards and I only had 5 or so regular cards and 2 hero exclusive cards.

You should have done it. The game would have automatically filled your deck with random cards for your class, even if you didn't own them. Normally you can't do that but in Tavern Brawl you can. My wife was in the same boat - she only had 9 cards and it gave her 21 random cards and she spent most of the week playing it for fun.

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#28
Sephiroth0327 posted...
Sephiroth0327 posted...
Some general tips:

You should have done it. The game would have automatically filled your deck with random cards for your class, even if you didn't own them. Normally you can't do that but in Tavern Brawl you can. My wife was in the same boat - she only had 9 cards and it gave her 21 random cards and she spent most of the week playing it for fun.

Hey, at least I know this now. It sucks that I missed it but in the future I'll be able to do it.

Thanks for the information!

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
1 month ago#29
Aim for paladin and mage for arena. Those are by far the two easiest classes, and 2 that have always done pretty well. I dont think a new player is going to do as well with something like warrior, rogue or lock

and really, unless its a free ticket don't play. you'll just lose gold until you understand the game fundamentals fully
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Deck building for beginners?
  • Topic Archived