• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Deck building for beginners?

User Info: D3AthByLauGht3r

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#1
Is there a YouTube channel or Site that teaches you how to build a deck and maybe certain cards to avoid using with that Hero?

I think I understand how to use Mage and maybe Hunter but I have no idea how to build the other Heroes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Close your eyes... Now imagine there's is nothing there... No rock roof... Just the sky, and beautiful shining specs of light.
(message deleted)

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 month ago#3
Trump Teachings is a good one, although a lot of the videos are old and may not have all the best information - they at least can get you off the ground with the basic set.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvEIxIeBRKShhTwofotp7c6aofSaWvuhc

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#4
The key to deckbuilding is mostly just experience. Knowing the full pool of cards well, and knowing what decks are popular in the meta right now. Both of those things will change drastically when the new expansion launches, and there will be a lot of experimentation.

In the meantime, however, some of us here could give you some pointers. I don't have time to go through every class, though, so maybe pick a couple of heroes you are most interested in/confused by.

User Info: azweik

azweik
1 month ago#5
Its more about decktype than classes most of the time

Control, combo, tempo and aggro

In general the basic thing is understanding the mana curve, even greedy control decks should have a good number of low mana cards

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#6
I just noticed when you click on a hero in the deck building menu there is a prompt that says "Deck Helper".

Is that actually useful for building a deck or should I avoid it?
Close your eyes... Now imagine there's is nothing there... No rock roof... Just the sky, and beautiful shining specs of light.

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
1 month ago#7
Easiest answer is not the most fun, but it's really just net decking or looking at tier lists if you want an idea on how to deck build. I can pretty much guarantee that if you try to make your own, you'll end up with quite a bit of wasted dust

But in general, a good deck mostly just needs a consistent win condition. A deck built around an OTK with lightspawn would be really bad for example, because its win condition is not consistent

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#8
WilhelmHaven posted...
The key to deckbuilding is mostly just experience. Knowing the full pool of cards well, and knowing what decks are popular in the meta right now. Both of those things will change drastically when the new expansion launches, and there will be a lot of experimentation.

In the meantime, however, some of us here could give you some pointers. I don't have time to go through every class, though, so maybe pick a couple of heroes you are most interested in/confused by.

Apologies for the late reply.

The only thing that really confuses me is how many cards there are and if one should be used over the other.

For example Goldshire Footman has 1 ATK and 2 HP while Shieldbearer has 4 HP. Since Goldshire has ATK should it be prioritized over the extra HP you could have by using Shieldbearer?

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
1 month ago#9
Both are horrible cards that should not be played. It would really depend on your deck though. If you had something like direwolf then the shieldbearer could be better. If you didnt have 1-2 mana minions that could buff attack then footman is better because a zero attack minion is useless unless it does something

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#10
NoJobBob posted...
Both are horrible cards that should not be played. It would really depend on your deck though. If you had something like direwolf then the shieldbearer could be better. If you didnt have 1-2 mana minions that could buff attack then footman is better because a zero attack minion is useless unless it does something

What about minions with the charge effect?

Are minions like Stonetusk Boar, Bluegill Warrior and Wolfrider any good or would it be better to use minions like Bloodfin Raptor who don't have charge but have a little extra health?
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Deck building for beginners?
  • Topic Archived