• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Prelate deck that actually wins!

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#1
Been a while since anyone shared a deck sooooo...

I don't know whether the meta is simply more favourable, or whether I just tinked so much that I eventually made a good list, but my Prelate/Undatakah deck got me to Rank 5, and Rank 5 is good enough for any fun-but-low tier deck.

And it has an accidental gimmick! I wanted to use Call to Arms, and arbitrarily chose Plated Beetle to fill two slots. Then I played Da Undatakah, regretting diluting the DR pool with Beetles, mistakenly thinking I could shuffle 3x Undatakahs with Prelate DRs, much like Astral Tiger. Turns out, you can't. But then sadness turned to joy when I realized the beetle dr stacks infinitely on my taunted up reshuffling Undahtakah. 6 armor becomes 12, then 24, etc. Poor Garrosh was left fatigued facing a 65 armour Uther. Blogstone part finished.

Anyway, it's fun. Blessing of Wisdom should almost always be used on enemies. Lynessa is used more for card draw, stall, and silence eating than any offensive threat. Zola typically used on Lynessa, but also with Shirvallah if necessary. Extremely easy to get a 0mana Shirvallah. Obviously don't Zola Da Undatakah. You want a taunted Undatakah and while taunting up one is quite doable, two is highly unlikely. Don't zola a prelate either. You want 3 GREAT reshuffling minions, not 4 or 5 mediocre ones.

Give it a blast for a laugh. Oh the armor thing rarely comes up, but it's not your win condition anyway. It's just beaitiful when it happens and buffers you in the endgame when you might fatigue draw a few turns.

### Tank Up!
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Crystology
# 2x (2) Immortal Prelate
# 2x (2) Plated Beetle
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Call to Arms
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 2x (8) Bonemare
# 1x (8) Da Undatakah
# 1x (25) Shirvallah

User Info: ninplayer

ninplayer
1 month ago#2
Ugh these cool decks always use Lynessa and I just cant justify crafting her :(

She’s such a sweet card, I wish she’d been a Witchwood legendary instead of boring Glass Knight
https://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

User Info: azweik

azweik
1 month ago#3
You know TC this might actally make me craft undertakah

Isnt there something to cut, I would like to run equality or something

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#4
azweik posted...
You know TC this might actally make me craft undertakah

Isnt there something to cut, I would like to run equality or something

Honestly one of the reasons I feel it's working for me is that I cut Pyromancers and Equality. Like most people, I've been putting them in almost all Paladin decks for a loooong time. Gonna save that jazz for Egg Pally.

In place of board clears...lots of taunts.

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
1 month ago#5
I can definitely understand cutting the Pyro/Equality combo after the nerf. It was already iffy even before since it has negative synergy with Prelate.

That being said, one Shrink Ray or a couple of Peacekeepers might not be a bad idea, but that’s a matter of preference. I see it as kind of a control Pally deck since you have the ability to postpone fatigue if you can avoid silence.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: Czarcasm

Czarcasm
1 month ago#6
Running a similar-ish list that's focused more on the Paladin quest, but I can definitely agree that the deck is surprisingly good, and a lot of fun to play.

To be fair, I'm mostly a Wild player, so the success I've had with the deck probably has more to do with the fact that I'm in the 20-10 ranks.

### Galvadon Sunsorrow
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 1x (1) The Last Kaleidosaur
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 1x (2) Immortal Prelate
# 2x (2) Potion of Heroism
# 1x (2) Primalfin Champion
# 2x (2) Sound the Bells!
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 1x (3) High Priest Thekal
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Equality
# 1x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (4) Weaponized Piñata
# 1x (5) Harrison Jones
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) Lynessa Sunsorrow
# 1x (8) Da Undatakah
# 1x (25) Shirvallah, the Tiger
#FeelTheBern

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
1 month ago#7
I saw Dane go (damn near) infinite in Wild with an Undatakah/Prelate/Beetle deck. It's kind of amazing.

https://youtu.be/j7I1szOpozU

I like that list you posted Wil, but lack Zola (I really should craft her, because I do play some wild and she's kind of a must-have, but that's another topic). Think a Brewmaster would work for Shirvallah bouncing?
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
1 month ago#8
Do Prelates keep their stats if they are Screamed back into your deck?
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#9
Jedibaracuda posted...

I would say no because the deathreattle didn't proc.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#10
Jedibaracuda posted...

No... so Priest can really ruin the deck. It's not a total lost cause, but you need to keep count of Screams, noting the Shadow Vision copies, and take care never to have too many reshufflers on the board together.

That said, it's still a hard matchup. Mass Dispel hurts as well. Man I hate Priests right now. This deck has coped better with boots on the ground minion fights, even against Odd Pally, many of whom seem to have dropped their Owl.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Prelate deck that actually wins!
  • Topic Archived