• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. A July 2018 video, with a focus on Shudderwock and how unfun it made the game

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFoMxPgutq0

Not actually someone who plays Hearthstone (though I kinda want to), but my god. My jaw was dropping. How did this even get to be a thing? O_o

Just thought this would be a cool vid to share; I love this dude's vids.
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS

User Info: Trevorkkho

Trevorkkho
1 month ago#2
25 mins for shudderwock was short, it could go on an hour and on ward for real trolls. 30 mins a turn.
Sell by date is NOT the expiration date. It is a warranty date if the product is in its undamaged original packaging.

User Info: quietisgood

quietisgood
1 month ago#3
Isn't this the video where the person completely misrepresents how the card works?
Say what you want about Americans but we understand capitalism. You buy yourself a product and you get what you pay for.

User Info: Simmedon

Simmedon
1 month ago#4
quietisgood posted...
Isn't this the video where the person completely misrepresents how the card works?

Yes. And then compared it to a turn one OTK in Yu-Gi-Oh.
Switch FC: SW-5456-1062-9038
"You nuked me with light, I shot you four times... I think we can call it even."

User Info: imkindafunny

imkindafunny
1 month ago#5
I remember us tearing this video apart when it appeared.

Seems like a long-forgotten memory now.
"Tiger got to sleep, Bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."
I narrate RPGs erry Tuesday @ 6pm EST https://www.twitch.tv/sonofstapes

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
1 month ago#6
quietisgood posted...

Yes. Thanks for reposting nonsense TC.

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
1 month ago#7
I mean, he DID say he doesn't play Hearthstone so it's fair enough that he took the link as fact. Wouldn't be the first time misinformation was spread around to people who don't know any better, won't be the last.

Fact is though launch Shudderwock was still unbelievably broken. You'd think Blizz would realize this is a design that needs to be stress tested as much as possible. It's understandable if they missed an unplayed neutral card for crazy synergy, but they should have at least observed that Grumble was in the Shaman toolkit and immediately go "what happens if Shaman can somehow duplicate Shudderwock with Grumbles battlecry?"

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
1 month ago#8
Hezzara posted...
I mean, he DID say he doesn't play Hearthstone so it's fair enough that he took the link as fact. Wouldn't be the first time misinformation was spread around to people who don't know any better, won't be the last.

Fact is though launch Shudderwock was still unbelievably broken. You'd think Blizz would realize this is a design that needs to be stress tested as much as possible. It's understandable if they missed an unplayed neutral card for crazy synergy, but they should have at least observed that Grumble was in the Shaman toolkit and immediately go "what happens if Shaman can somehow duplicate Shudderwock with Grumbles battlecry?"

No, Blizzard was fully aware of the 1 mana Shudderwock combo and Brode strongly objected to releasing it as is, but he was overruled and Blizzard pushed it through anyway. Shortly thereafter, Brode announced that he was leaving the company.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
1 month ago#9
WilhelmHaven posted...
Yes. Thanks for reposting nonsense TC.

Glad I could help! :D
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/fexbndS
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. A July 2018 video, with a focus on Shudderwock and how unfun it made the game
  • Topic Archived