• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Kripparian weighs in on the Shudderwock debacle. "Shaman is awful."

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
8 months ago#1
https://youtu.be/42t8iasV6_0

Agreeing with him so far. Now that the intro period is over, things are going back to normal and MYJAWSTHATBITEMYCLAWSTHATCATCH is hardly seen on ladder compared to Silver Hand, Cubelock, Midrange Druid, etc. While they do still need to address animation stuff because it's a bit bulls***, the fury towards this card is misdirected.

User Info: Eyecon86

Eyecon86
8 months ago#2
Lady_Ninane posted...

Agreeing with him so far. Now that the intro period is over, things are going back to normal and MYJAWSTHATBITEMYCLAWSTHATCATCH is hardly seen on ladder compared to Silver Hand, Cubelock, Midrange Druid, etc. While they do still need to address animation stuff because it's a bit bulls***, the fury towards this card is misdirected.

Ill go with Disguised Toast's expertise over this chuckle mutt any day. Its a good deck. Maybe not tier 1 but easily tier 2.

The problem with the deck isnt its strength. Its an OTK and its not much more or less powerful than other OTK's past or present.

the problem withe deck is the animation. i played a match before where i dropped the shudderwock like 5 times in the same turn and it was a little ridiculous.
"Torture is torture and humiliation is humiliation only if you choose to suffer..."

Lady_Ninane
8 months ago#3
Eyecon86 posted...
Ill go with Disguised Toast's expertise over this chuckle mutt any day. Its a good deck. Maybe not tier 1 but easily tier 2.

Oh sure it's a fine deck, but with the t1s so strongly shutting it down it's not really going to work yet until people go back to making midrange/slower decks to counter the t1 aggro. Then Shudderwock can have some breathing room again. Until then it's not worth playing right now.

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
8 months ago#4
Honestly, I don’t think almost anybody on this board even likes Kripp or cares what he thinks, especially about constructed because he isn’t even particularly good at it. But I don’t think the fury is misdirected, it’s not fun to play against unless you are Aggro or Cubelock, it ruins any opportunity to play a traditional control deck that doesn’t run burst damage.

Mind Control was statistically fair but was changed on sentiment. Quest Rogue was statistically fair but was changed on sentiment. Shudderwock may very well be next on the list as precedent has already been set.

And I’ve seen it more than enough at rank 5ish where I’m trying to “have fun” to where I wouldn’t mind seeing it go away

Eyecon86
8 months ago#5
SomboSteel posted...
Honestly, I don’t think almost anybody on this board even likes Kripp or cares what he thinks, especially about constructed because he isn’t even particularly good at it. But I don’t think the fury is misdirected, it’s not fun to play against unless you are Aggro or Cubelock, it ruins any opportunity to play a traditional control deck that doesn’t run burst damage.

Mind Control was statistically fair but was changed on sentiment. Quest Rogue was statistically fair but was changed on sentiment. Shudderwock may very well be next on the list as precedent has already been set.

And I’ve seen it more than enough at rank 5ish where I’m trying to “have fun” to where I wouldn’t mind seeing it go away

Its definitely not fun to play against.

Besides this and cubelock still being a thing so far i like the meta though.
"Torture is torture and humiliation is humiliation only if you choose to suffer..."

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
8 months ago#6
the top aggro beats shudderwock

but doesnt shudderwock beat nearly all control decks?

that would be already good enough to bring to tournaments, if it can lockdown certain control decks
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

Lady_Ninane
8 months ago#7
xtacb posted...

When genn controlock is so cheap to make does it matter how many control decks it beats? People will just with the crazy-cheap option to ladder up and playing shudderwock will be awful, like the cheap grim patron era.

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
8 months ago#8
Lady_Ninane posted...
xtacb posted...

When genn controlock is so cheap to make does it matter how many control decks it beats? People will just with the crazy-cheap option to ladder up and playing shudderwock will be awful, like the cheap grim patron era.

It certainly does matter that it beats nearly all other control decks. Quest rogue did the exact same thing and also almost auto lost to Aggro and that’s why it was nerfed. It wasn’t fun to play against

User Info: linkblade91

linkblade91
8 months ago#9
Obligatory "it's the animations and trolling we're b****ing about" response.

Eyecon86
8 months ago#10
there is nothing wrong with nerfing something that isnt too powerful but that makes the game less fun for everyone.

right now though i think everyone is biased because the animation is so ridiculous. id like to see that fixed first and then still see if a nerf is necessary. with that fixed it shouldnt be any less fun to play against than any other OTK
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Kripparian weighs in on the Shudderwock debacle. "Shaman is awful."
  • Topic Archived