Are any of the old adventures worth buying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Are any of the old adventures worth buying?

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
7 months ago#1
Particularly ones that reward with cards, like Karazhan does.

User Info: SaintAkira7

SaintAkira7
7 months ago#2
From a card value standpoint or from a fun standpoint?

I mean, the older ones you can get cards to dust, complete your collection, or play in wild. So there's that. But Kara is rotating out in April so a short shelf life on those.

I personally enjoyed the s*** out of each expansion from a gameplay perspective and wish Blizz would make more single player focused experiences. Some of the bosses and their mechanics are really enjoyable. So from just a gameplay point of view, I'd say go for it.
PSN: SaintAkira42
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/18491169/

User Info: Spider5800

Spider5800
7 months ago#3
If you're playing wild, League of Explorers is still worth it. Reno Jackson, Brann Bronzebeard and Sir Finley all see regular play there. Tunnel Trogg and Anyfin Can Happen are central to certain decks working at all, and Excavated Evil and Entomb are still used for removal by Priest.

Oddly, I don't see very much from the other two adventures played at all.

Obviously, if you're only playing standard, none of them are really worth it unless you just want to play the adventures (which ARE kinda fun, but not $20-$25 worth of fun on their own IMO).
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!

User Info: Cless012

Cless012
7 months ago#4
All adventures come with all the cards of that set, many legendaries. But from a gameplay standpoint, I find the the adventures to be one of the better parts of the game.

And they all have cards that will be useful for wild

Naxx - Loetheb
BRM- Thaurisan
LoE- Finley
Kara - Medivh

And thats just naming 1 card from each that is still useful.

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
7 months ago#5
Normally I would only be concerned with how fun they are. I am a little hesitant to drop that much cash on one though.

So let me rephrase the question: for $20-25, which expansion is most worth the money and gives the best cards?

User Info: fattonygambino

fattonygambino
7 months ago#6
Best playable cards from each set and best shenanigans cards

Naxx: Voidcaller, Death's Bite, Loatheb, Mad Scientist, KT, Sludge Belcher, Rivendare, Zombie Chow

BRM: Quick Shot, Flame Waker, Twilight Whelp, Gang Up, Demonwrath, Imp Gang Boss, Thaurissan

LoE: Raven Idol, Forgotten Torch, Ethereal Conjuror, Keeper of Uldaman, Anyfin, Excavated Evil, Entomb, Tomb Pillager, Tunnel Trogg, Dark Peddler, Sir FInley, Brann, Reno, Naga Sea Witch

LoE is the most bang for your buck by far probably followed by Naxx since it has more "useful" legendaries than BRM.
You shall henceforth be known as, The Mover of the Wind, Breath of Air, The Lightning Zephyr.
As dubbed by the Evil Dwarf atop the Wall

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
7 months ago#7
onik
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: k_pflipsen

k_pflipsen
7 months ago#8
fattonygambino posted...
Best playable cards from each set and best shenanigans cards

Naxx: Voidcaller, Death's Bite, Loatheb, Mad Scientist, KT, Sludge Belcher, Rivendare, Zombie Chow

BRM: Quick Shot, Flame Waker, Twilight Whelp, Gang Up, Demonwrath, Imp Gang Boss, Thaurissan

LoE: Raven Idol, Forgotten Torch, Ethereal Conjuror, Keeper of Uldaman, Anyfin, Excavated Evil, Entomb, Tomb Pillager, Tunnel Trogg, Dark Peddler, Sir FInley, Brann, Reno, Naga Sea Witch

LoE is the most bang for your buck by far probably followed by Naxx since it has more "useful" legendaries than BRM.

I feel like you forgot several good ones...

Naxx — Haunted Creeper, Nerubian Egg, Duplicate, Deathlord, Dark Cultist, Avenge, Shade of Naxxramas

BRM — Resurrect, Druid of the Flame, Blackwing Technician, Blackwing Corruptor, Dragon Consort, Revenge, Drakonoid Crusher, Solumn Vigil, Chromaggus, Nefarian

LoE — Djinni of Zephyrs, Obsidian Destroyer, Unearthed Raptor, Mounted Raptor, Museum Curator, Elise Starseeker

LoE does have the best set of legendaries, but I personally think that BRM has the most useful cards. But really, any of them has a bunch of good cards.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy

User Info: fawfulmark2

fawfulmark2
7 months ago#9
Best to "worst" buyable Adventures:
LoE
Naxx
BRM
Kara

all have their perks, though the first 2 are in a class above the rest.
"Every Failure, an opportunity to betterment. Don't succumb to fear or shyness-Fail Faster, because failing is how we get it right."
-Extra Credits
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Are any of the old adventures worth buying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived