hearthstone can be a fun game to spectate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. hearthstone can be a fun game to spectate

User Info: darth254

darth254
6 months ago#1
but how can this game be taken seriously? RNG is so dominant even at World's, where there's a lot of $$$ at stake. and it goes beyond RNG from simple card draw, which is kind of inherent.

seeing one player dominating another and then some BS RNG effect from a card like Lyra for instance, and the match turns 180 "becuz RNG". comebacks are cool but not undeserved ones and that's the feeling I get from some of these RNG fests. what was the big RNG effects of vanilla Hearthstone beyond inherent card draw? whether Mad Bomber, Knife Juggler, or Arcane Missiles hit a minion or face? The cards a warlock discarded? Compare that to the current state of the game, and it's ludicrous.

***the fact a card like Yogg-Saron even exists in the first place is kind of damning in that regard. as "fun" as it is a card, when professional players were using it, it basically taints rep of the game.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
6 months ago#2
I thought it was widely accepted that the game is fun to watch because of all the stupid bs and heavy emphasis on luck and rng, but terrible to play seriously.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
6 months ago#3
it's the "circus" game on twitch. you watch it when you want a light and entertaining clown show
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
6 months ago#4
The only people that complain about RNG are the people who can't climb ladder or compete competitively

Basically it's their excuse and rationalization for why they're bad

User Info: friendbuddypal

friendbuddypal
6 months ago#5
wentzelot posted...
The only people that complain about RNG are the people who can't climb ladder or compete competitively

Yeah, all the Hearthstone pros and streamers who spend several hours a day on the game as their literal job just need to get good.
CIA: You're a big guy.
Bane: For you.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
6 months ago#6
friendbuddypal posted...
wentzelot posted...

Yeah, all the Hearthstone pros and streamers who spend several hours a day on the game as their literal job just need to get good.

I haven't seen one person at the championships complain about RNG... But I see no names on gamefaqs complain all the time.

User Info: hyorinryu

hyorinryu
6 months ago#7
wentzelot posted...

Doesn't Kripp do it every other minute when he's doing arena runs?
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
Puzzledragon ID: 357646299

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
6 months ago#8
Topic title reminds me of this amazing video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqJz5cKiI1s
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: Elemental Fusion

Elemental Fusion
6 months ago#9
wentzelot posted...
friendbuddypal posted...
wentzelot posted...

I haven't seen one person at the championships complain about RNG... But I see no names on gamefaqs complain all the time.

Wasn't the reason Lifecoach retired from Hearthstone that he felt the game was too RNG heavy?
Caution: If post makes contact with eye, rinse with water thoroughly for 20 minutes.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
6 months ago#10
friendbuddypal posted...

--They also don't bite the hand that feeds them. It doesn't benefit their success to be honest about the abundance of terrible design issues and decisions the game has.

Plus, the maturity level of stream chat... you say anything no matter how valid and it gets disregarded and met with swarms of baby emotes and such. So it's pointless to really express such observations to the audience, it's not like they'll listen, or care. People are watching the game BECAUSE of its excess of RNG and bad design, they know the game is trash, it's very entertaining trash.

Day9's Jade rant was pretty good though.

hyorinryu posted...
Doesn't Kripp do it every other minute when he's doing arena runs?

--And indeed, you tend to see a lot of that honesty creep out of Kripp, Reynad, and other infamously "salty" players. Which goes back to the stream chat thing, any valid criticism is dismissed as "salt", because the majority of the audience is there FOR stupid ****, not good gameplay, so they don't care.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. hearthstone can be a fun game to spectate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived