Just started this week. Card buying question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Just started this week. Card buying question

User Info: electricshoesx2

electricshoesx2
3 months ago#1
So I just started getting into this game and am enjoying it enough to put down some money and buy some packs.

Currently I have bought the welcome pack deal. Everything else has been gold.

I just got to the point wehete the classic pack is not longer listed as recommended. Would it be advisable for a first purchase to choose Kobold or get more classic packs?

Or would it be better to wait until the next expansion and start there?

Any advice in getting into this game smoothly is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/electricshoesx2
Mii: Adam Twitch: Galaxy749

User Info: RoboZygo

RoboZygo
3 months ago#2
Classic packs should be good for a long time tbh, but purchasing Kobold packs OR classic packs is good game investment
3DS: 0834-1826-1425
NNID: robozygo

User Info: backguard222

backguard222
3 months ago#3
Getting Ungoro or Knights of the Frozen throne is a good investment too. Probably a bit better than Kobolds since you can get Kobolds packs from arena for a few more months.
-Serenity now....insanity later.
-Why not to call the PC the master race: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Race

User Info: Cless012

Cless012
3 months ago#4
Yeah, classic, ungoro, knights and kobolds will stick around until 2019 (classic never rotating)

Make sure to get your guaranteed legendary from both whispers and mean streets if you havnt already. Use it for either wild play or dust.

And if you want. You can grab the karazhan adventure for money only. Either keep the cards for wild use or dust them if you plan for wild or collections sake.

And if you go to the actual blizzard store you can purchase wild only sets and adventures. The guaranteed legendary also applies to those packs as well and those adventure have useful wild cards and are just a better dust value that packs.

Use this as you would like. If your going with money, I'd suggest get the 3 adventures and enough packs from the wilds for a legendary (10 I believe?)

You can ask here about the legends and epics you pull to see if they're useful to save if you want to eventually play the wild format.

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
3 months ago#5
if youre in it for the long hole then you can buy UNG and KFT packs with some KnC packs thrown in

if youre not sure you'll be sticking around for 1 year+ then just buy classic packs since they're the safest (supposedly)
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: TimeOfTheDark

TimeOfTheDark
3 months ago#6
Dont buy packs lol. Youll get a bunch of crappy common cards and rares.

Ive never spent mobey on this game aside from adventures. I have a top tier deck from every class that I can challenge ladder with . I have every legendary I need. Classes like druid, shaman, priest, lock, I have multiple great decks that win on ladder.

Ive been playing since gvg, most of my gold goes to arena runs. Ypull get a colkection in no time just by playing.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#7
Itelectricshoesx2 posted...
So I just started getting into this game and am enjoying it enough to put down some money and buy some packs.

Currently I have bought the welcome pack deal. Everything else has been gold.

I just got to the point wehete the classic pack is not longer listed as recommended. Would it be advisable for a first purchase to choose Kobold or get more classic packs?

Or would it be better to wait until the next expansion and start there?

Any advice in getting into this game smoothly is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

You're guaranteed a legend from the first ten packs of each set. Frozen throne, kobolds, and in ungoro will all last over another year. So if you insist on buying packs then buying ten packs from each of those three sets is the best value

One point though is that all your pack rewards from brawl etc will be from kobolds.. so you will quickly get the free legendary from that set if you haven't already. So ten packs from only frozen throne and ungoro will be best

User Info: SOSBrigade

SOSBrigade
3 months ago#8
Don't buy 10 packs from the older set, buy one at a time from the older sets and when you get the guaranteed legendary move on.

User Info: darth254

darth254
3 months ago#9
lol at buying cards with real money. don't do it dude, the cards will be outdated by power creep or outphased from standard in no time

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
3 months ago#10
SOSBrigade posted...
Don't buy 10 packs from the older set, buy one at a time from the older sets and when you get the guaranteed legendary move on.

costs more money to buy one pack at a time. i'd rather just buy the 10 pack deal
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Just started this week. Card buying question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived