Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
6 months ago#31
I don't know, you're here right now aren't you?
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: MhkaCHemistry

MhkaCHemistry
5 months ago#32
Wild Growth going presents Blizzard with a problem of what to do if they want to HoF a basic card.

Do they just leave it meaning new players just lose out on class cards in Standard?

Do they promote something from Classic to Basic, give a dust refund to everyone and free golden copies if they're level 50+?

Or do they make something New?

Honestly I don't think it needs to be touched at all. Losing Blossom, Keeper and Fandral/Nourish will leave Druid hurting for ramp to the point where Greedy Sprite probably sees play.
http://i.imgur.com/iB1sU.jpg http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/juliaxx/Picture56.jpg
Free stuff!

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
5 months ago#33
WTF???? First innervate...ok that was pretty bad. NOW...the most fundemental card to the archtype of druid??? MANA ADVANTAGE? So what are they turning druid into? A pseudo-warrior class. This is dumb if it ends up being true. Really really hope it is not.

Then again they will probably make sure that their is a unique variant of the exact same card with some alterations in future expansions.

Come on!!! This card is so fundemental to Druid play. Ben Brode can eat a brick.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
5 months ago#34
MhkaCHemistry posted...
Wild Growth going presents Blizzard with a problem of what to do if they want to HoF a basic card.

Do they just leave it meaning new players just lose out on class cards in Standard?

Do they promote something from Classic to Basic, give a dust refund to everyone and free golden copies if they're level 50+?

Or do they make something New?

Honestly I don't think it needs to be touched at all. Losing Blossom, Keeper and Fandral/Nourish will leave Druid hurting for ramp to the point where Greedy Sprite probably sees play.

Nourish is excellent without Fandral. (but even better with him obviously).
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: fatelord

fatelord
5 months ago#35
I would be shocked and surprised of wild growth is removed .. it was never opressive on its own, growth plus mire keeper and jade blossom is what led to absurd scenarios .. especially with the easy card refill of UI.
PSN: Fatelord.

User Info: Damaniel

Damaniel
5 months ago#36
fatelord posted...
I would be shocked and surprised of wild growth is removed .. it was never opressive on its own, growth plus mire keeper and jade blossom is what led to absurd scenarios .. especially with the easy card refill of UI.

This. The combination of multiple forms of ramp and UI is the bigger problem. Yeah, I'd be surprised too.
<insert witty noteworthy comment here>

User Info: PhantomPete

PhantomPete
5 months ago#37
Damaniel posted...
fatelord posted...

This. The combination of multiple forms of ramp and UI is the bigger problem. Yeah, I'd be surprised too.

It's on the untouchable rank with Auctioneer.

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
5 months ago#38
Just means I'll go back to Mill Druid, or Jade Druid.

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
5 months ago#39
fatelord posted...

Maybe blizzard wants to remove Wild Growth so that they CAN print a bunch of varied ramp option cards and things like UI (though please no on the UI the power level of that card is through the roof) without causing the issues we have now in the future? I mean, I get that its a problem, hall of faming a basic card instead of a classic, but you can't deny that Wild Growth has been used in just about every single druid meta deck since the beginning of Hearthstone, and by your own words it's Wild Growth *in combination* with Mire Keeper, Jade Blossom and Ultimate Infestation that is causing the ramp problems we're having now. Mire Keeper, Jade Blossom and UI will all rotate out sooner or later, but Wild Growth is for keeps, and as long as it's around Blizzard could make the same mistake with implementing all the ramp and blowing Druid out of proportion all over again.

I'm not saying HoFing Wild Growth is the *correct* answer, but I can certainly see why Blizzard would consider doing it.

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
5 months ago#40
First I heard of it was Kripparian, now it's being spread like verified leaks.

Jeez.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived