Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
4 weeks ago#1
http://www.hearthhead.com/news/rumor-wild-growth-to-be-sent-to-the-hall-of-fame-rotated-out-of-standard

Blizzard has publicly confirmed that there will be an update next month following the Hearthstone World Championship here in Amsterdam which "is when any balance changes would happen" but that's not really what's making waves through the pro player scene. Talking independently and unprompted both Frozen and Purple have told us Wild Growth is high on Blizzard's list of cards to rotate out of Standard with the start of the next Hearthstone year.

Updated article to clarify balance patch statement by Ben Brode.

"I heard speculation that they're rotating Wild Growth," Frozen tells us a bit hesitantly, trailing off.

"I have no idea where [Druid] goes after that. I think they're introducing new ways to ramp, but it's is such an important part of the class identity. I don't like Druid losing Wild Growth. I don't think it was that oppressive compared to Innervate.

In our back and forth, we agree that it does seem a bit weird to have Druid without such a key card, but Frozen does admit that the class has been a bit oppresive.

"The only class that's been relevant throughout every single metagame is Druid. Druid's always been one of the top three decks."

Later in the day, we talked to Purple in a seperate interview and asked him about where Druid goes once the Jade package rotates out. He too started with Wild Growth.

"In one of the talks, I guess I missed it, but Wild Growth was one of the cards I've heard rumored to be on the block," Purple says, "That changes a whole bunch."

"I think the future of Druid is probably a Midrange-y deck. Bonemare, Corridor Creeper, etc."

Purple says he expects to see something like Fr0zen's Jade Druid (2017 World Championship) going forward, especially if Wild Growth does indeed bite the dust.

"He's running the Oaken Summons, Mark of the Lotus, Violet Teacher package. You can just say goodbye to the Jade cards and all of a sudden Corridor Creeper synergizes great with these Midrange cards. Obviously Ultimate Infestation because that's absolutely bonkers. You're not an infinite value deck, but a solid Midrange deck.

"That's probably where Druid is heading in the future in my mind, especially if Wild Growth disappears. You're absolutely forced to be a more curvy Hearthstone deck. Current Druid builds are just built around mana cheating and obviously if something happens to the mana then the decks have to conform to that change."

One thing is for sure, if Blizzard does end up removing some of Druid's early game ramp, it'll have a tremendous effect on how the class handles ramping.

Innervate has been hit with the nerf hammer. Jade Blossom and Mire Keeper will automatically be rotated out as Mean Streets of Gadgetzan and Whispers of the Old Gods reach the end of their lifespan. There are other options for the class, namely Nourish, but also Greedy Sprite and Twig of the World Tree. Blizzard could opt to give the class more options in the first set of 2018, but either way, the class may go through a big transition in the near future.

We talked extensively with both Frozen and Purple about potential nerf targets, the current meta, and much more. Expect to hear more of our discussions following the conclusion of the World Championship this weekend!

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
4 weeks ago#2
Ramp is a stupid gimmick that shouldn't have become the class' identity to begin with.
Good riddance.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#3
"classic cards will always be in standard"

"These select few classic cards are now banned from standard but we won't do it again"

"Here's some more classic cards banned from standard"

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
4 weeks ago#4
wentzelot posted...

"These select few classic cards are now banned from standard but we won't do it again"

Seriously ban something like Jade Blossom or mire keeper not Wild Growth.

User Info: Jedibaracuda

Jedibaracuda
4 weeks ago#5
That’s a very puzzling decision given that two ramp cards are already rotating. Unless Blizzard is trying to completely change Druid’s identity, I don’t understand it at all.
Talk is cheap...because supply exceeds demand.

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
4 weeks ago#6
Izicial posted...
wentzelot posted...

Seriously ban something like Jade Blossom or mire keeper not Wild Growth.

Both these cards are rotating out soon.

Also, lol rumors.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: BobbySura

BobbySura
4 weeks ago#7
its f***ing stupid because you know they are just gonna release a card that does almost the exact same f***ing thing in the next expansion
MR. TRIPLE DOUBLE BOBBY SURA

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
4 weeks ago#8
I've never felt that Wild Growth was too good or provided a huge advantage. Coin Nourish plus 2 mana left over for a Wrath is typically a lot more worrying. Going straight into DK Malfurion usually.
PSN: BlackZion00

User Info: Hezzara

Hezzara
4 weeks ago#9
SomboSteel posted...

"I think the future of Druid is probably a Midrange-y deck. Bonemare, Corridor Creeper, etc."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Also pretty bloody stupid that he namedrops a bunch of neutral cards as being the future of druids. Shouldn't the core strong parts of a class package be, y'know, the CLASS CARDS? If this isn't a sign that neutral cards are getting way too powerful then what is?

On the bright side, at least these guys don't actually *know* anything and are just rumourmongering.

User Info: Wyrmwarrior5

Wyrmwarrior5
4 weeks ago#10
BobbySura posted...
its f***ing stupid because you know they are just gonna release a card that does almost the exact same f***ing thing in the next expansion

ya know i hear this sentiment a Lot, the whole “blizzard removed/nerfed X card so they can reprint it later!!” but have their actually been any major examples of this happening
cool girl with good posts
http://i.imgur.com/mH7a7cv.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Rumor: Wild Growth To Be Sent To The Hall Of Fame, Rotated Out Of Standard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived