all the power creep and netdecking

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. all the power creep and netdecking

User Info: darth254

darth254
4 weeks ago#1
makes me proud of myself for not giving Blizz a dime for this game (particularly the power creep). I do kind of feel guilty about playing Heroes of the Storm for free though....hmmmm.

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
4 weeks ago#2
Ironically, HotS is a very solid game with a lot of merits over LoL, but people dismiss HotS as a bad knockoff simply because LoL came earlier.

Much like Hearthstone's relationship with other better online card games.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
4 weeks ago#3
HotS is to LoL as Hearthstone is to MTG

^ that's called an analogy folks.
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: DonnyG33

DonnyG33
4 weeks ago#4
MajinUltima posted...
Ironically, HotS is a very solid game with a lot of merits over LoL, but people dismiss HotS as a bad knockoff simply because LoL came earlier.

Imagine thinking there's other better online card games and still crying on this board daily
F2P people. The vegans of the gaming world. They'll tell you about it even if no one asked.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#5
DonnyG33 posted...
MajinUltima posted...

Imagine thinking there's other better online card games and still crying on this board daily

Lmao so true

User Info: Damaniel

Damaniel
4 weeks ago#6
DonnyG33 posted...
MajinUltima posted...

I sure wish my time was so utterly worthless that I could afford to do this.

Wait, no I don't.
<insert witty noteworthy comment here>

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
4 weeks ago#7
MajinUltima posted...
HotS is a very solid game with a lot of merits over LoL, but people dismiss HotS as a bad knockoff simply because LoL came earlier.

So much this. Who wants to last hit minions (or also last hit AND try to deny like in DotA) and spend most of the game trying to figure out what item to buy? Aren't the team fights much more interesting? Yes, yes they are. My wrist won't let me play these games seriously any longer but I definitely prefer HotS.

User Info: CreekRob

CreekRob
4 weeks ago#8
wolverinerob79 posted...
MajinUltima posted...
HotS is a very solid game with a lot of merits over LoL, but people dismiss HotS as a bad knockoff simply because LoL came earlier.

So much this. Who wants to last hit minions (or also last hit AND try to deny like in DotA) and spend most of the game trying to figure out what item to buy? Aren't the team fights much more interesting? Yes, yes they are. My wrist won't let me play these games seriously any longer but I definitely prefer HotS.

Except teamfights aren't always much more interesting and the interaction of CSing while harassing is very fun for many players. The counterplay between teamfight, farming, ganking, split-pushing heroes/strategies is what makes DotA so interesting.

I don't begrudge anyone that enjoys HotS but I doubt it's going to have anything near as exciting as TI3 Navi v. Alliance precisely because of the structure you're mentioning.

User Info: KajeI

KajeI
4 weeks ago#9
HotS is the moba for people who don't like mobas but haven't realized Battlerite exists.
Look, i can name a few instances in MY life where i tried to reach mutual understanding
and i can TELL you, always faster and easier to just kill em. Just is!

User Info: HeartbreakKid37

HeartbreakKid37
4 weeks ago#10
HOTS is great for people that lack the ability to think.
Favorite Teams: Kentucky Wildcats, San Antonio Spurs, and Carolina Panthers... No other sport really matters to me.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. all the power creep and netdecking

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived