Have you guys tried KnC Quest Rogue?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Have you guys tried KnC Quest Rogue?

User Info: XCrossYZ

XCrossYZ
3 months ago#1
Currently one of my favorite decks to play since the expansion came out after getting Sarya in a pack. Getting that combo off by turn 6/7 has auto won me a couple of games already. Could see why they nerfed the quest to 5.
TL;DR TC didn't Wacha the Kecha

User Info: Lady_Ninane

Lady_Ninane
3 months ago#2
I dusted the caverns below when it was nerfed and never looked back.

User Info: LookANinja

LookANinja
3 months ago#3
feral gibbler seems good for it.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif

User Info: EarthBuster

EarthBuster
3 months ago#4
LookANinja posted...
feral gibbler seems good for it.

It's nice for some late game gas once they become 5/5s, but I find it's way too fragile to effectively fuel triggering the quest. Sonya is a great card, and is super fun to play in this deck. Her + boar can complete the quest in one turn if the game starts to drag too long.

I still don't think Quest Rogue is very competitive in the current meta, but I enjoy playing it anyway.
Everyday's great at your Junes!

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
3 months ago#5
I just ran into one, took him a while to get the quest off since I silenced some Igneous Elementals and he a Fire Fly exposed.
Then I had to clear 3-5 5/5s for 3 turns in a row (Duskbreaker + stolen Shadowstep lol), before realizing he was at 16, I'd had a Corrupted Healbot die, and I had 2 of the Twilight res, Auchenai, and Circle in hand thanks to his Coldlights. They helped him refill, but they also handed me lethal.

ANYWAY... I think it'd be great if aggro didn't exist but as long as aggro exists, you'll be under too much pressure for so many poor 1-drops, 2 mana 1/1s, and bouncing away your own board.

I think it CAN work if done intelligently, where the Quest is incidental to a better tempo build where you're using cheap guys being bounced/duped to enable SI7 Agents, Vilespines, Minstrels, etc. But elsewise, you're just praying to run into slow greedy decks to prey on them, and it'll probably pan out well in those games.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: XCrossYZ

XCrossYZ
3 months ago#6
So far this and Spell Hunter have been the most fun I’ve had on this game in a while.
TL;DR TC didn't Wacha the Kecha

User Info: k_pflipsen

k_pflipsen
3 months ago#7
Yes, Zola the Gorgon and Sonya Shadowdancer give the deck so much more consistency in completing the quest and make 5 copies much more achievable.

Obviously still dies horribly to aggro, but it's a fun, off-meta deck right now.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Have you guys tried KnC Quest Rogue?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived