You know I just want to say f*** Mage as a class.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. You know I just want to say f*** Mage as a class.

User Info: powerporing

powerporing
3 months ago#1
I am just venting. You guys can talk trash to me. I win against them its a struggle, when I lose to them I feel robbed because I get Ice Block'd and get Combo'd. They're so unfun to face.

User Info: LawnNinja

LawnNinja
3 months ago#2
Although the statistics illustrate that Mage isn't a problematic class as far as win rates go, I'd agree that they're just not fun to play against.

It's extremely frustrating to spend the whole match playing around Counterspell or Ice Block only to discover that the Mage found one or two more from random effects.

It's also rather unsatisfying to have a long, drawn-out match against a Mage whose OTK deck is either going to draw what it needs or it's not, and all you can do in the meantime is wait while your board is constantly gimped. Very fun and interactive.
"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
3 months ago#3
My mage deck doesn't run counterspell or combos and kills you with The Darkness. Is that acceptable to you guys?
PSN: BlackZion00

User Info: Damaniel

Damaniel
3 months ago#4
Costs aside, I wonder if just turning Ice Block into a legendary would just fix everything.
<insert witty noteworthy comment here>

User Info: angelusalvus

angelusalvus
3 months ago#5
I would rather face 1000 mages than face 1 priest
3DS FC: 2337-2967-1748

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
3 months ago#6
I love playing a Death Mage at this point (Which will be a little less fun once N'zoth goes away, but..), but I'm not using Ice Block, and I'll be fine with it (hopefully) going away from Standard.

I sorely agree about how annoying IB can be, you could have 30 health and 6 minions on the board, and all it takes is quest and IB and it's impossible to beat it. So good riddance to that.
Dodgson, Dodgson, We've got Dodgson here!

User Info: hyorinryu

hyorinryu
3 months ago#7
I never really had a problem with mages. They usually feel pretty straightforward to me. When I saw a secret, I could figure out it was Ice Block pretty quickly and it'd get popped before they could do anything.

angelusalvus posted...

Yeah, Priest is the tilt king imo. Closest rival might have been Druid back before Spreading Plague was nerfed. Maybe Paladin with Divine Favor, just seeing him draw 5 cards after a board clear into something like Call to Arm tilts me when I'm watching streams.
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
Puzzledragon ID: 357646299

User Info: Arcane85

Arcane85
3 months ago#8
angelusalvus posted...

This so much. Although mage is still in my top 3. But in almost every expansion priest has always had some decks that make me want to jump out a window at times. Warlock would be second and Mage third I think.
PSN:SGB_Arcane

User Info: Marcel4816

Marcel4816
3 months ago#9
I think this is the first time I've seen a topic about hating Mage. Hating Ice Block sure, but Mage itself? All things considered, it's probably one of the more balanced classes.
Sometimes Lady Luck grants you a nice kiss, and other times she slaps you across the face - zarokima

User Info: hyorinryu

hyorinryu
3 months ago#10
Marcel4816 posted...
I think this is the first time I've seen a topic about hating Mage. Hating Ice Block sure, but Mage itself? All things considered, it's probably one of the more balanced classes.

People would hate on mage all the time, especially when Freeze Mage was a thing. Anytime you can do massive amounts of burst, people will hate you.
Not changing this sig unless a sequel for Kirby Air Ride is released or I change my mind Started 8 12 2008
Puzzledragon ID: 357646299
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. You know I just want to say f*** Mage as a class.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived