Is Rin a good example of a "Win More" (albeit, slowly) card?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is Rin a good example of a "Win More" (albeit, slowly) card?

User Info: WilhelmHaven

WilhelmHaven
4 months ago#1
I opened Rin on the Americas server, where I don't have much of a collection, and she's proven to be pretty fun in a Control Warlock deck. Even reached the end of the ritual a few times.

But surely in any situation where you can comfortably play a decidedly average 6-mana 3-6, then a 5-mana 2-2, then a 5-mana 3-3, etc. you could probably just put the game to bed using better cards (Scalebanes, for example).

So, is this what's described as a "win more" card? Obviously it's not a "good" card, but as long as it's fun.
PSN: BlackZion00

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
4 months ago#2
It's a fun card. She doesn't have any means to save you if you are behind. The times you can play her to success you can play better cards to just win the game.
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
4 months ago#3
scalebanes take up a card slot though

the ritual cards are just extra cards to your deck that you dont need to draw at all

and rin as a 3/6 taunt is decent to be pulled put by Oakheart

sorta like if Elise gave you a bunch of extra cards but they arent necessarily useful ungoro cards
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
4 months ago#4
she's great in control with two conditions, you can spar the board fairly evenly, and if your opponent doesn't have self milling level draw as a win condition.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
4 months ago#5
She's not exactly a win more. She's a good win condition against control with no silence/hard removal. Big Priest vs her is tough if you don't run a silence. This card alone has made be put in a silence in my big priest deck. You either win easily if you can silence her or you lose if you don't.

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
4 months ago#6
It's not a win more card, it's a tech card. A classic example of a win more card is Kel'Thuzad.

User Info: azweik

azweik
4 months ago#7
Its anti control for a control deck

You can kill her with spellstone, so ahe cant be silenced

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 months ago#8
Savjz and Dog both have her in warlock decks with Oakheart so Id say she's worth looking at. I don't think she's win more I think she's more like the original Elise where you put her in to win the control vs control matchup
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: MajinUltima

MajinUltima
4 months ago#9
It's funny that she came up in tinity series 2 or more times, and those games were won.

That said, looking at the first Warlock v Warlock I saw her in, she didn't win jack squat. The only effect she had was to make one team stupidly feel like +2 Fatigue (when they were up 20 health and had run their opponent out of most removal and literally only had to just sit there and play it out for an easy win) was worth going all-in on Army of the Dead and to try to win asap instead of sticking with their gameplan.

tl;dr - Do it for memes, not anything legitimate. She maybe has niche use in allowing you to life tap out more, use Rin to catch up on deck size, and then be able to Bloodreaver without fear of mill... in a VERY slow matchup.

But if such a slow match is your concern, Gnomeferatu and Jaraxxus just seem like much easier cards to run. People forget that getting Jaraxxus down safely is still basically auto-win against many slow decks.
http://i.imgur.com/mYFkgcb.gifv

User Info: XCrossYZ

XCrossYZ
4 months ago#10
I have successfully summoned Azari 7 times so far, and it has been one of my winning conditions, as I ended up winning those through fatigue. But, the deck itself is pretty strong, Rin is a good card on its own, only made useless through silence and transformations. One of my favorite legendaries this set.
TL;DR TC didn't Wacha the Kecha
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Is Rin a good example of a "Win More" (albeit, slowly) card?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived