why haven't they added Monk, Death Knight and Demon Hunter?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. why haven't they added Monk, Death Knight and Demon Hunter?

User Info: mada7

mada7
5 months ago#11
TomatoDragon posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
TomatoDragon posted...
mada7 posted...
The problem with doing new classes is that they would have to add cards for that class retroactively to all the other sets otherwise the class could become literally unplayable when the set that introduced it rotates.

I'm sure they'll update the basic set and come out with classic 2.0 if they add new classes.

Which is too much work to matter, not to mention that they also would need to have cards for every previous set, if a set rotates back in or for Wild, which people do play, and Tavern Brawls.

Lol, really. If it makes money than it's not too much work. They wouldn't add anything for prior sets, just the basics and classic. While people do play wild.... lets be real, it's nowhere near as profitable to Blizzard as standard.

Then that class will be gimped until at least 4 sets after its release just for standard because it will have much fewer resources then all the other classes. Itd be eternally gimped in brawl and wild. This also wouldn't be profitable and will piss off customers because nobody is going to want to have to buy a bunch more packs for old sets to play the new class even if it's just classic like you described.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: BobbySura

BobbySura
5 months ago#12
they can't balance 8 classes, why would you want more?
MR. TRIPLE DOUBLE BOBBY SURA

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
5 months ago#13
I've always considered new classes to be the Legion of HS. Which is to say, it's the "break glass when the game is starting to die" last resort. When you actually look at how many cards are in standard at the start of a new rotation, it really wouldn't be that hard to add a new class. Certainly doable. Blizzard just isn't that desperate yet.

User Info: RoboZygo

RoboZygo
5 months ago#14
A new class is doable. The only retroactive they have to do is add Basic cards/classic cards. When the class first drops for a month there can be a high priority for that classes cards in the classic set, otherwise when new players come along it’s just a tenth class.

Grischnak is right tho. It’s a lot of work for questionable amounts of profit. It’ll be an ‘in case of emergency’ kind of thing.
3DS: 0834-1826-1425
NNID: robozygo

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
5 months ago#15
if the greedy f***s running team 5 add those classes in Hearthstone 1 (not hs2) i'll close my account after crafting a golden millhouse
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
5 months ago#16
I thought that what they did with KotFT was a really ingenius and classy way to add Deathknights to the game without making a whole new class. 10/10.

Maybe they'll deal with Monks and DH in a similar fashion in the future ?
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Let It Die, Street Fighter V

User Info: CheeseOmen

CheeseOmen
5 months ago#17
The only right answer in this thread is that Blizzard / Team 5 is too greedy.

It could easily be implemented if they took the design time for a new set, and instead made a new class. All their cards would be classic, so they wouldn't rotate out. They could add a few bonus cards to each class. Honestly instead of something like Dungeon Run they could do a new class, buy it for $10 and get all the basic cards, with more in the new set.

On second thought, the only reason they haven't added a new class is because Team 5 sucks at balance.
poop

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
5 months ago#18
I'd rather have a full blown expansion than a new class that everyone and their mothers will play for a while then drop because it sucks. You guys are embellishing having a new class way too much. Just look at how many DKs and Monks there are in WoW at max level now.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Let It Die, Street Fighter V

User Info: mada7

mada7
5 months ago#19
CheeseOmen posted...
The only right answer in this thread is that Blizzard / Team 5 is too greedy.

It could easily be implemented if they took the design time for a new set, and instead made a new class. All their cards would be classic, so they wouldn't rotate out. They could add a few bonus cards to each class. Honestly instead of something like Dungeon Run they could do a new class, buy it for $10 and get all the basic cards, with more in the new set.

On second thought, the only reason they haven't added a new class is because Team 5 sucks at balance.

A new class would need to be spread across multiple sets. You can't have 1 class that either has no rotation to their cards or a way smaller card pool. It would be a massive expense and inconvenience to the players. Established players would hate having to buy packs from every standard set just for one class. They're also never going to sell entire sets of cards to players for a flat price.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Zikten

Zikten
5 months ago#20
well ok so they don't want to add a new class now. but I looked it up and Mists of Panderia predates Hearthstone by a few years. so why didn't they just put Monk in from the beginning? I can excuse the other 2 cause they are hero classes. but Monk is a basic class. the only difference is it was added later than the others. but in terms of gameplay in WoW, it's equal to the other 9 classes in hearthstone. so it should be in
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. why haven't they added Monk, Death Knight and Demon Hunter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived