Dungeon Run actually looks really fun

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Dungeon Run actually looks really fun

User Info: DonnyG33

DonnyG33
2 months ago#21
MajinUltima posted...
XXHornDogXX posted...
Solo content in general needs more rewards. Card backs are only so satisfying when you can only equip one and barely see your own car backs. Often times you completely forget about it.

--This. The dungeon run is repeatable, but... you need like gold or a pack or something for X amount of progress. Quest credit at least?
It looks like a great mode that's a lot of fun, but in a game where the F2P experience is already SO restrictive, this not giving anything but a cardback just doesn't sit well with me.

They're probably concerned about it being exploitable... but I'd go as far as suggesting it coincide with the 100 maximum daily gold gain. In some capacity.
F2P people. The vegans of the gaming world. They'll tell you about it even if no one asked.

User Info: bed_of_razors

bed_of_razors
2 months ago#22
pectus_umbra posted...
BoyOfBattle posted...
..so y'all never seen card based roguelites before?

Do you have any recommendations?

Guild of Dungeoneering
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/bed_of_razors/Filler.jpg www.last.fm/user/bumchef ||PSN: BedOfRazors ||Nintendo ID: Verdelet ||Steam: spheres_of_madness

User Info: Lsnake

Lsnake
2 months ago#23
First time around it's really fun, but the extremely long loading times are hard to stomach.
Dodgson, Dodgson, We've got Dodgson here!
BrainDamageEclipse 2 months ago#24
DonnyG33 posted...

They're probably concerned about it being exploitable... but I'd go as far as suggesting it coincide with the 100 maximum daily gold gain. In some capacity.

This... It would be nice if dungeon run counted towards daily quests and possibly the 30 daily wins for 100 gold. So no new rewards, just an alternative way of getting the existing ones.

Ah well, can't have everything. No matter what we get, we always want more...

As for one-off rewards: Do you have to complete DR with all 9 classes, or only one to get the cardback?
If you believe in thinking for yourself, and aren't afraid to admit it, put something unique and original in your signature.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
2 months ago#25
Fun, until you get that boss that can copy any minion for free or the one that is copy of the one brawl that summons minions from both decks. Except the boss deck has gigantic minions only. Or how about the one that has the c ountdown timer to the 15 attack minions?
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 months ago#26
thetraveler posted...
mada7 posted...
I agree. I was kinda dubious about how good this would be but after seeing how it plays out on the stream it looks like a lot of fun even after getting all the rewards just to see the various permutations and combinations of decks and encounters you could have. The revealed cards were disappointing but this was a big highlight for me

whats the point playing this more than it takes to get the rewards?

Because its fun with a lot of different possibilities.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Ivany2008

Ivany2008
2 months ago#27
The best deck building game is probably Dominion, or even Legendary. Hearthstones Dungeon Run while fun executes it very poorly. I can constantly get up to boss 6 and I'll just die to BS mechanics or draws on his turn.

Take this game I just finished, Boss 7. Turn 2, all spells cost 0 for them this turn, summons 2 legendaries Ragnaros, Lightlord and Onyxia and at the same time drew 6 cards and gained 18 armor. I didn't even last 4 turns because of bs mechanics.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#28
Ivany2008 posted...
The best deck building game is probably Dominion

Chapel FTW!

User Info: gafemaqs

gafemaqs
2 months ago#29
I was pretty sure my most heartbreaking dungeon run would be getting to the end before getting decimated by The Darkness.

Turns out, it was when I was fighting Togwaggle with the intention of using Rod of Roasting. I set down Animated Armor (which has 4 HP) only to find he can deal 4 damage to all enemy minions, for no mana cost either. He got 7 Boom Bots and I set the Rod of Roasting down, pretty sure I had a good shot because he had a health deficit of 20. By the time the bots were all destroyed, we were at equal health but I ended up taking most of the hits.

If only he didn't destroy Animated Armor.

User Info: thetraveler

thetraveler
1 month ago#30
Oh, these bosses are SO balanced. I just fought and beat, luckily, that boss that pretty much has a deck full of flamewakers. Seriously? Then I got to fight the kobold that gets free charge added to all its minions? f*** this bulls*** adventure. I don't care that it was free. Its f***ing broken. The difficulty spikes stupidly high.
I'd like to name this new style sheet "The Homer", after his failed attempt at designing a car.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Dungeon Run actually looks really fun

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived