I know I say it every expansion and end up wrong...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I know I say it every expansion and end up wrong...

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
2 months ago#1
But we are seeing a lot of trash cards and again I'm skeptical.

Legendary weapons could be a bust, and I'm not really sure what new deck types theyre even trying to push besides big spell mage. This expansion as a whole just seems very odd. Especially the recruit mechanic. So far it looks like the biggest change to come from this is wrecking evolve shaman and just polishing up decks that were already solid. I'm certainly not seeing enough to drop $50 for a pre-order(or however much it costs)

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 months ago#2
This definitely looks like a lower power level set than what we've seen in recent memory. There's still a lot to be seen with 55 cards remaining and I'm sure they're saving some for the final stream on monday. Even with the understanding that most cards in any given set are bad regardless of overall quality the set still doesn't look like it will have a huge impact on the meta in terms of new decks.

That said one of the benefits of having a rotation is that they get the opportunity to reset the power level of the game if things get out of control but having what looks like a weaker set like this tied to two very strong sets in ungoro and frozen throne is that it doesn't get the opportunity to properly reset the power level of the game. Using Magic as an example Kamigawa block is widely regarded as weak but it needed to be weak because the one before it, mirrodin, caused major power creep so by making kamigawa weak they could get away with the next block being stronger than kamigawa but not having to compete with something that trying to compete with mirrodin which lowered the overall power level of the game at the time. Here we have a once a year rotation and we have one weak set that is shackled to two very strong sets so it won't do much to impact the power level of future sets because those will still need to keep up with the power level of frozen throne and ungoro
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: strangecity

strangecity
2 months ago#3
NoJobBob posted...
But we are seeing a lot of trash cards and again I'm skeptical.

Legendary weapons could be a bust, and I'm not really sure what new deck types theyre even trying to push besides big spell mage. This expansion as a whole just seems very odd. Especially the recruit mechanic. So far it looks like the biggest change to come from this is wrecking evolve shaman and just polishing up decks that were already solid. I'm certainly not seeing enough to drop $50 for a pre-order(or however much it costs)

The good news is that not all of the cards have been revealed so far. Also there's usually a sleeper hit like Sunkeeper Tarim or Caverns From Below
If there is no god then there are no rules

User Info: Last Soldier

Last Soldier
2 months ago#4
This expansion is trying to make all 4 Priest archetypes Tier 1 lol. Love it.

Big Priest
Dragon Priest
Razukus Priest
Quest Deathrattle Priest
Finally got rid of my old sig about Pokemon after 10 years, DARN that's how long I've been on GameFAQs T_______________________________________________________T

User Info: Pijinz

Pijinz
2 months ago#5
There's been a lot of meme-y s*** for sure. But I'd say there's been at least one absolutely brilliant card for each class except maybe Hunter so far.

User Info: NoJobBob

NoJobBob
2 months ago#6
Yep. 50+ cards is def a lot so theres still hope. It can take even just 5 good cards to totally shake up the meta

User Info: BoyOfBattle

BoyOfBattle
2 months ago#7
nah let me put you at ease Bob. this is by far the s***tiest expansion in all my days playing HS
DIEHARD DUBS FAN SINCE 2007. We Believe!
GSW. Chef Curry. Klay "Kray" Thompson. Kevin ALPHArant. we already won.

User Info: Hero3ziz

Hero3ziz
2 months ago#8
Rogue got some incredible cards, that's good enough for me.
I swear I'm not insane. Yes, most likely not insane.

User Info: sogeoffsocIean

sogeoffsocIean
2 months ago#9
Mada with a great post the only thing I’d add is that the option to resetting the power level doesn’t require additional power creep and you’re actually seeing it in this set. Evolve shaman would continue to get more and more powerful as battlecry minions were printed. There seems to be a focus in this set through recruit and other regular cards to give a pretty serious nerf to evolve with 7 mana 3/3s and 9 mana 2/4s. Blizz could reset the power of standard after rotation by printing somewhat underpowered cards that are excellent counters to ungoro and KFT cards (exactly what that would look like is left as an exercise to the reader)
Despues de lo que nos paso
Si es que cambiamos tanto...

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
2 months ago#10
I have short term memory. Did they wow us with good cards in past reveals, or did they save great sleepers at the end? I'd agree that this sort of feels meh...but I'm happy about that since I'm spending the least on this vs other expos.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I know I say it every expansion and end up wrong...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived