Could the legendary weapons fail miserably?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Could the legendary weapons fail miserably?

User Info: k_pflipsen

k_pflipsen
4 months ago#11
Gaze51 posted...
Who says Val'anyr is a control pally weapon? You can easily put it in a freakin murloc deck.

Because... it's... s..l...o.....w..........

It's a friggin 4/2 weapon for SIX MANA. That's 2 mana more than true silver at the same base stats, and they mostly don't even run Truesilver any more because it costs too much. Murloc Paladin wants to win way faster than this card would allow, and playing it would slow them down making them more susceptible to control decks.

When druid is making 10/10 jades you'll already have swung it 5 times and won the game.

When druid is making 10/10 jades you'd already have lost the game. Because they're generating much greater threats than you can answer at that point. You would need to kill them much earlier.

Same for exodia, worst case scenario is you hit her face for 8. If that doesn't win the game, neither would any other 6 mana card.

Exodia Mages have 30 health + 8 armor + at least 2 ice blocks. You beat them via aggro, and this card definitely isn't that. You're right that there is no great tempo play on 6 for Paladin, but that's part of why they lose to other tempo decks so much. They do have Cobalt Scalebane on 5 and Bonemare on 7, though.

Your whole argument here is basically "You can swing a 4/2 weapon at the face on turn 6!" —But you seem to be forgetting that Truesilver Champion can already do that for 2 less mana, and it's a BASIC card.

Stop arguing for using a slow, value card for aggro/tempo purposes. It makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy

User Info: DartDragoon

DartDragoon
4 months ago#12
k_pflipsen posted...
It's a friggin 4/2 weapon for SIX MANA. That's 2 mana more than true silver at the same base stats, and they mostly don't even run Truesilver any more because it costs too much.

This exactly. Why do you think Midrange and Murloc paladins uses Rallying Blade instead of Truesilver even when they have very few to no divine shields ? Because it's one turn faster. Valanyr is a bust.
PSN: AstroZombie29
Currently Playing: Let It Die, Street Fighter V

User Info: k_pflipsen

k_pflipsen
4 months ago#13
DartDragoon posted...
This exactly. Why do you think Midrange and Murloc paladins uses Rallying Blade instead of Truesilver even when they have very few to no divine shields ? Because it's one turn faster. Valanyr is a bust.

I think it could be good after set rotation, assuming Control Paladin comes back. But while we still have Patches and Razakus and Jades in the meta, it's just outclassed. It loses to both tempo and control.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. -Jack Handy

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 months ago#14
So far the only one that might see play is the paladin one and even that the points against it are quite strong even if it has a great interaction with doppelgangster and chain gang.

The rest are mostly bad to meh or good but too slow. There's still 3 to be seen but so far they don't look like meta defining cards the way the quests and DKs did even if those didn't end up all or even mostly being great
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Guillermo55

Guillermo55
4 months ago#15
legendary dust

aside from most of them being s*** the anti-weapon tech is just too easy to put in
http://i.imgur.com/2JZtq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/cm8Fy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kvK4g.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5vPpu.jpg

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
4 months ago#16
Even before they were launched, I was hoping for it! Unlike Quests and DKs which have no direct counterplay, weapons have immediate destruction cards that are neutral. This means that either weapons launched will be mediocre and ignored (and thus I don't need to craft them) or they'll be OP OP and everyone techs in oozes and thus they're not useful...and I don't need to craft them. So either way, there's a solid block of legendary cards I absolutely do NOT need (unlike quests or DKs).

This is perfect for a winter expo since winter has the least amount of standard life (16 months instead of 24). Hence why I'm happy doing 5k gold for Winter and 10k for spring.

User Info: Shadow Don

Shadow Don
4 months ago#17
I think mage and paladin weapons have a chance at being playable but most of them seem really bad.
sigless user

User Info: mada7

mada7
4 months ago#18
Shadow Don posted...
I think mage and paladin weapons have a chance at being playable but most of them seem really bad.

The problem with the mage weapon is that by the time you can play it you get a max of 7 uses of it and you run into the problem of having to choose between flooding your own hand and milling yourself or playing multiple cards with small effects for the time of the game you'd be playing them that are not going to have a huge impact and still probably flood your hand because playing 3 cards in a turn isn't always easy.
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: Pijinz

Pijinz
4 months ago#19
mada7 posted...
Shadow Don posted...

The problem with the mage weapon is that by the time you can play it you get a max of 7 uses of it and you run into the problem of having to choose between flooding your own hand and milling yourself or playing multiple cards with small effects for the time of the game you'd be playing them that are not going to have a huge impact and still probably flood your hand because playing 3 cards in a turn isn't always easy.

Yeah, the sort of Mages that can play 3 cards a turn are not the sort of Mages that can spend a turn playing a 6-mana weapon. It's at an unusual tempo/value breakpoint. People have been hesitant to talk the card down because drawing cards is always super powerful, but it could turn out to be a dud.

I think the Paladin weapon is strong, but that's within an isolated world where Control Paladin is a thing. Control Paladin probably won't be a thing, at least not until April.

We've still got Rogue, Hunter and Warrior weapons to see. Fingers crossed.

User Info: Gaze51

Gaze51
4 months ago#20
k_pflipsen posted...

Your whole argument here is basically "You can swing a 4/2 weapon at the face on turn 6!" —But you seem to be forgetting that Truesilver Champion can already do that for 2 less mana, and it's a BASIC card.

Stop arguing for using a slow, value card for aggro/tempo purposes. It makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about.

No, my argument is that the weapon is basically Argent Commander with deathrattle: return this to your hand. And the buff is nothing to scoff at either. Your 1/1 divine shield taunt suddenly becomes a 5/3 for 1 mana, how's that for tempo. How about 6/5 saronite gangs? If you're so concerned about slowness you shouldn't play Tirion either because hey, he's 8 mana 6/6 do nothing and exodia already has the combo and druid is pumping out jades. Even if I made a turbo pally deck with the curve ending at 6, this would be my finisher card, because you never run out of steam with it.

Inb4 the card is used in almost every pally deck.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Could the legendary weapons fail miserably?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived