My first game where Anomalus wasn't a completely dead card from Swashburgler

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. My first game where Anomalus wasn't a completely dead card from Swashburgler

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
1 year ago#1
https://hsreplay.net/replay/8VvS2XksHfHxkL9xZxCbqg#turn=8a

Sometimes the game RNG just doesn't want you to win. You get Anomalus from Swashburgler, Leeroy's stuck in your hand without any other good minions. And your opponent gets Antonidas behind 2 Mirror Images.

But as it turns out, your opponent's a noob and doesn't realize he had a 2-turn lethal, and he develops the board instead of just hurling Fireballs at your face (Turn 9. 2nd Mirror Image + Fireball + Fireball + Antonidas Attack = 17 damage, 9 Mana. Turn 10, Fireball + Fireball+Ping = 13 damage. 17 + 13 = 30). And somehow, Anomalus becomes a key card in allowing you to win.
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88

User Info: NewMoonShadow

NewMoonShadow
1 year ago#2
Congratulations.

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
1 year ago#3
I kind of hope Elemental synergy makes the card playable. At least in gimmick decks. Not entirely sure how they'd do that though. Maybe a 5 mana spell that has an effect like "Summon the highest cost Elemental from your deck. Give it Charge. It can't attack Heroes. Destroy it at the end of your turn."? I dunno. Even with Elemental synergy it's kind of hard to see Anomalus working without the support of a card like that.
Grischnak posted...
I kind of hope Elemental synergy makes the card playable. At least in gimmick decks. Not entirely sure how they'd do that though. Maybe a 5 mana spell that has an effect like "Summon the highest cost Elemental from your deck. Give it Charge. It can't attack Heroes. Destroy it at the end of your turn."? I dunno. Even with Elemental synergy it's kind of hard to see Anomalus working without the support of a card like that.

I think there is some space to figure something out. Anomalus + shatter as a 10 mana deal 8 to the board for 2 cards is reasonable if there was a way to get your own anomalus frozen without costing you additional mana or resources.

Some well stated mid game minion (like a 5 mana 5-5) that makes a 0 mana "freeze an elemental" card that is added to your hand (like a more specific spare part type) might be viable in a fringe tier 3 gimmick deck
LeBron "Stannis" James - The one true king of the NBA
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. My first game where Anomalus wasn't a completely dead card from Swashburgler

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived