I think I'm done buying packs.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I think I'm done buying packs.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 year ago#11
I fail to see the connection between communicating with other players and whether or not ranked means anything.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 year ago#12
Unless you're trying to win tourneys, I don't know why anyone would spend money on HS. I love Blizzard, I want to give them my money. I love HS - it's a fun game. But what you get for the $ amount you pay is not equitable to me. I did do the $5 for 10 packs + legendary because that was an actually good value. And I'm not hurting for liquid cash - I really just don't see the value.

Kind of like computer hardware. Why ever spend more than $150 on a CPU or $100 on a GPU unless you're actually competing and need the bleeding edge.

I'm enjoying my life as a F2P/52P player.

User Info: SuperSaiyanTien

SuperSaiyanTien
1 year ago#13
NekoEspirito posted...
Holy crap, paying for cards in a CCG. What an evil company! Don't forget the evil creators of Magic: the Gathering, Yu-gi-oh, Pokémon TCG, and others. Eff those guys, right?

Save gold, man.

To be entirely fair, if you buy cards in any of those games you're getting physical copies which cost actual money to make (paper, ink, etc) where-as HS is an entirely virtual game and the cards cost pennies to make if that. Blizzard could easily get away with increasing the amount of cards in each pack or reducing the price per pack to 50 gold or 1 dollar a pack.
cctrunks317: Ness can only absorb energy. Stuff like Lasers and Aura.
Xade76: I absorbed a f***ing Yoshi egg earlier. That is not goddamn energy.

User Info: electronlantra

electronlantra
1 year ago#14
All gold I get I dump into arena I avg over 4 wins so I come out paying maybe 60-70 per pack and I've been able to build zoolock midrange and current pirate aggro shaman and other top tier decks for free. Also reluctantly dusting my gold cards when need be and legendaries I've never used to stay on top of the meta

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
1 year ago#15
wolverinerob79 posted...
Unless you're trying to win tourneys, I don't know why anyone would spend money on HS. I love Blizzard, I want to give them my money. I love HS - it's a fun game. But what you get for the $ amount you pay is not equitable to me. I did do the $5 for 10 packs + legendary because that was an actually good value. And I'm not hurting for liquid cash - I really just don't see the value.

Kind of like computer hardware. Why ever spend more than $150 on a CPU or $100 on a GPU unless you're actually competing and need the bleeding edge.

I'm enjoying my life as a F2P/52P player.

Because they don't want the game to die? Countless F2P games die every day because of too many people playing without bothering to pay anything. Me? I always buy things in F2P games I play even I really don't need to. Not hundreds or thousands mind you but enough to support the game that I spend my time playing.
(message deleted)

User Info: redundancies

redundancies
1 year ago#17
I fully admit I'm a freeloader, but I've also given a lot of money to Blizzard for WoW.

I agree with the TC that rank is immaterial, but more because all your rank does is (generally) put you against different levels of competition. Water finds its own level, so I'd be winning 50% of my matches at a higher level if I had all the cards, rather than 50% at a lower level without everything.

User Info: wolverinerob79

wolverinerob79
1 year ago#18
Grischnak posted...
Because they don't want the game to die?

HS's in no danger of that. It's been in the top 10 games for games that have a recurring cost model as measured by annual revenue since it launched. It's nice to give them money, but if half their player base that buys things suddenly stopped, they'd still do fine.

It's worth noting as well that the more people fund a cost model where the value of things is disproportionate to the cost, you're encouraging more models to pop up that are along those lines. You could argue that by propping that up, you're hurting consumers and the industry in order to support Blizzard.

User Info: Grischnak

Grischnak
1 year ago#19
wolverinerob79 posted...
Grischnak posted...
Because they don't want the game to die?

HS's in no danger of that. It's been in the top 10 games for games that have a recurring cost model as measured by annual revenue since it launched. It's nice to give them money, but if half their player base that buys things suddenly stopped, they'd still do fine.

It's worth noting as well that the more people fund a cost model where the value of things is disproportionate to the cost, you're encouraging more models to pop up that are along those lines. You could argue that by propping that up, you're hurting consumers and the industry in order to support Blizzard.

You're one of those guys that tries to justify pirating games, aren't you? Using logic like "Ubisoft rips off customers with the ridiculous DLC in Deus Ex. You shouldn't pay anything for their games to show them that we won't stand for their DLC scams.". If so then sorry but bad behavior does not justify bad behavior. If not then my bad but your mentality certainly reminds me of those guys. Not saying there's anything wrong with being a F2P player mind you but anyone that is a F2P player that gives people s*** for keeping the game that they play alive has a very ridiculous way of looking at the world. b****ing about that is like b****ing about people whose taxes pay for your welfare check. It takes remarkable nerve. In my opinion.

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
1 year ago#20
People who think that "not paying" means you're JUST a freeloaded are stupid.

Do you know why games are Free to Play? (With tons of games converting to F2P models eventually)

Because companies don't earn money from large groups of people paying small sums each year. They make the VAST majority of their income from whales. Individuals who put THOUSANDS of dollars into a game like Hearthstone.

Why do whales put in money? Because the game continues to make them happy.

The reason the game is ALIVE AND WELL is because you have F2P players who continue to play the game. An active playerbase means matchmaking is FASTER and is BETTER.

If the F2P players all left, the whales would get bored and also leave.

Never apologize for being F2P player, you serve an important role in the F2P ecosystem.

If you believe that a game like Hearthstone is Pay-2-Win. Then having F2P players also means the Whales win more - which makes them even more likely to spend money to continue paying for wins.

There, you did your duty getting destroyed on the ladder.
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. I think I'm done buying packs.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived