• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Theory; Mean Street Packs are programmed to give you repeats.

User Info: CheeseOmen

CheeseOmen
2 years ago#1
Call me crazy, but I am almost certain that this is the case. Obviously there will be no evidence to ever fully confirm this, but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard.

I'm freshly into getting Mean Street packs, and nearly every pack has given me the same Rare AND EVEN Common cards I already have. I am at around 15-18 packs and have less than 6 rares, and most commons are giving me dust.

Call it coincidence, but I am skeptical.
poop

User Info: NewMoonShadow

NewMoonShadow
2 years ago#2
Or your God hates you. One of the two.

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 years ago#3
RNG is RNG

Bug related to the packs have already been fixed. Nobody is getting 100s of the same card anymore.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: CheeseOmen

CheeseOmen
2 years ago#4
Nidtendofreak posted...
RNG is RNG

Bug related to the packs have already been fixed. Nobody is getting 100s of the same card anymore.

All I am saying is Blizzard could make it so that any card already in your collection has a higher chance of appearing in a pack, and nobody would notice.
poop

User Info: JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson
2 years ago#5
Yeah. I have nowhere near a complete set and am already getting 40 dust packs.
"I'll attract the enemy with my human call: 'I'm so wasted! I'm so wasted!'" - Dryad, WC3

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
2 years ago#6
CheeseOmen posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
RNG is RNG

All I am saying is Blizzard could make it so that any card already in your collection has a higher chance of appearing in a pack, and nobody would notice.

They actually would because there is a giant base of people that gather data on that sort of thing. Its how we found out about the pity timer on legendaries and golden cards. Sure wasn't Blizzard telling us how that worked.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
2 years ago#7
Is there a 'cards drawn from packs' database?

Because "RNG IS RNG" could excuse a lot of people's feelings, and I doubt people track the card draws themselves.
http://i.imgur.com/PUVNqBo.jpg

User Info: oooooooo_toasty

oooooooo_toasty
2 years ago#8
I opened 75 packs on launch. I got 9 jade claws. 4 were golden. Seemed odd to me but since I'm on the EU servers I figure it was just RNG.
'Now hear me out, what if, get this, Jesus, right, that carpenter bloke, son of god an all that, what if, you'll love this, he was a bloomin' LION!' - C.S Lewis

User Info: mada7

mada7
2 years ago#9
Statistically speaking once you open 10 packs you're highly likely to see at least one card you already have a full set of. Once you're in the teens of packs opened the probability of having a full pack of duplicates is actually shockingly probable (just like how you can be almost guaranteed to have 2 people in the same room with the same birthday at only around 90 people in the room)
3DS Friend Code = 5155 - 3829 - 9448

User Info: DeraignedClown

DeraignedClown
2 years ago#10
CheeseOmen posted...
Nidtendofreak posted...
RNG is RNG

I have always believed they do this. I think more on the side of they make some cards less likely to drop, rather than boosting the drop rate of a few.

I also fully believe the end of season gold epic reward is weighted towards giving a gold spell, rather than minion.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Theory; Mean Street Packs are programmed to give you repeats.
  • Topic Archived