• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Why does Grommash only cost 8 mana?

User Info: BlitzBallerJG

BlitzBallerJG
2 years ago#1
Seems way more mana efficient than every other Classic legendary for each class. And he is also the only one that is an immediate threat all on his own and needs no other cards to combo with.

Additionally he combos wonderfully given that Warriors have multiple spells that can enrage him the same turn he is played for an instant 10 damage+.
FC: 1822-0556-4800
Pokemon IGN: Jonathan

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
2 years ago#2
BlitzBallerJG posted...
And he is also the only one that is an immediate threat all on his own and needs no other cards to combo with.

Tirion Fordring fits that description as well. And it's also at 8 mana.

Additionally he combos wonderfully given that Warriors have multiple spells that can enrage him the same turn he is played for an instant 10 damage+.

Antonidas fits that description as well, and its combo potential is actually stronger than Gromm's. It's also cheaper at 7 mana, so you have more mana to combo more cards with it.

Tirion and Antonidas are just as good, if not better than Grommash in their own situation. And the consensus is that Tirion's actually the best class Legendary period
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88

User Info: Damaniel

Damaniel
2 years ago#3
I would actually like to see some of the other class legendaries made stronger, more along the lines of the previously mentioned ones. For example, I always feel Cenarius is underwhelming, except in rare situations where he buffs a large board.
<insert witty noteworthy comment here>

BlitzBallerJG
2 years ago#4
I disagree because, Grommash is literally an immediate threat. Tirion may get usefulness on the opponent's following turn due to taunt, but he can't hit face until the following turn. So you have a chance to remove him (obviously circumstantial).

Antonidas can also have a CHANCE to combo. I rarely find myself with more than one spell I can cast the same turn, and that is assuming I've waited til turn 10 to use. Which means I got one Fireball from him, and the next turn the opponent can also remove, so ultimately the only immediate threat is not immediate, actually a delayed 6 damage.

Again these are circumstantial but grommash is the only one who can have immediate effect and can end the game the turn he is played.

I do agree that Tirion is the best class Legend period, but I find him less enraging (pun intended)

User Info: DrPrimemaster

DrPrimemaster
2 years ago#5
Grommash used to cost more mana but he got tired of waiting that long to be played and now only costs 8.
Metroids Suck

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
2 years ago#6
Damaniel posted...
For example, I always feel Cenarius is underwhelming, except in rare situations where he buffs a large board.

Or if the dream happens where you combo it with Fandral. Two 4/4 Taunts and a 5/7 Fandral is preeeeeetty good.
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88

User Info: SomboSteel

SomboSteel
2 years ago#7
BlitzBallerJG posted...
Seems way more mana efficient than every other Classic legendary for each class. And he is also the only one that is an immediate threat all on his own and needs no other cards to combo with.

Except a 4 attack charger isn't an immediate threat. You do need to combo him in order to maximize his potential. There are very few ways to completely deny your opponents Tirion value, which is why he is an immediate singular threat.

User Info: imkindafunny

imkindafunny
2 years ago#8
If you're playing Antonidas with the option of only generating one fireball on the turn you play him, you're doing it wrong.
Whenever life gets me down: https://youtu.be/vHi54FfM29E
BTag: sonofstapes#1881

User Info: Zelda

Zelda
2 years ago#9
BlitzBallerJG posted...
I disagree because, Grommash is literally an immediate threat. Tirion may get usefulness on the opponent's following turn due to taunt, but he can't hit face until the following turn. So you have a chance to remove him (obviously circumstantial).

Antonidas can also have a CHANCE to combo. I rarely find myself with more than one spell I can cast the same turn, and that is assuming I've waited til turn 10 to use. Which means I got one Fireball from him, and the next turn the opponent can also remove, so ultimately the only immediate threat is not immediate, actually a delayed 6 damage.

Again these are circumstantial but grommash is the only one who can have immediate effect and can end the game the turn he is played.

I do agree that Tirion is the best class Legend period, but I find him less enraging (pun intended)

King krush has an immediate effect and can end the game the turn it's played. It also doesn't require an activator and has higher base attack.

#nerfkingkrush

BlitzBallerJG
2 years ago#10
Different deck types and styles, theres a reason why KC is rarely used and Grom is viable in every single warrior deck.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Why does Grommash only cost 8 mana?
  • Topic Archived