What is Hunters weakest matchup?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. What is Hunters weakest matchup?

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
1 year ago#1
I really hate playing against call of the wild huffers. Control priest has a decent time against it if I entomb their Wildmane, but even Cthun warrior struggles.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Figure09

Figure09
1 year ago#2
Zoo probably. Swarms them before they can establish anything most of the time.

User Info: AeternaNocturne

AeternaNocturne
1 year ago#3
Figure09 posted...
Zoo probably. Swarms them before they can establish anything most of the time.

This.

I played Midrange Hunter back when face was the place, and it's taken me to legend several seasons since. I haven't played it this season because I play nothing but Zoo.
Look, even if we make it punishable to speed, people will speed anyway. That's why we don't have traffic laws.
The irony is, people think this about guns.

User Info: FvP

FvP
1 year ago#4
Anything with Reno
Control warrior
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
#FreeCMC PBWSB PDPSB /pdpsb/ PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo

User Info: XtraT

XtraT
1 year ago#5
aggro shaman, zoo and miracle rogue. Midrange hunter only good matchup really is control/cthun warrior.
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.

User Info: AeternaNocturne

AeternaNocturne
1 year ago#6
FvP posted...
Anything with Reno
Control warrior

Midrange Hunter, not face hunter. Midrange Hunter eats both of those matchups.
Look, even if we make it punishable to speed, people will speed anyway. That's why we don't have traffic laws.
The irony is, people think this about guns.
(message deleted)

User Info: xtreemmasheen3k2

xtreemmasheen3k2
1 year ago#8
FvP posted...
Anything with Reno
Control warrior

Vicious Syndicate actually has Midrange Hunter at 60-40 in the Renolock matchup (the most common one). Basically, I guess you can't just rely on getting Reno, though you just win most of the time if you do.

Both Tempo Storm and Vicious Syndicate actually places Midrange Hunter to be favorable against Control, C'Thun, and Tempo Warrior. This also supports the opinion of various streamers I watch.

Tempo Storm lists the Dragon Warrior matchup to be slightly unfavorable to Hunter, while VS lists it as slightly favorable.

VS lists Pirate Warrior as greatly favorable to Warrior, while TS does not have any stats on it.

Basically, against Midrange Hunter, if you're hyper aggressive, you're faster than it and can win.

According to VS, Pirate Warrior and Zoo are Midrange Hunter's weakest matchups. Though Zoo is still only 42-58 for Hunter. Vs. Pirate Warrior is 36-64, fairly significant.

Both VS and Tempo Storm also say Midrange Hunter is unflavored against Aggro Shaman and Miracle Rogue.
Former #1 Uber Battler on Smogon: http://i.imgur.com/XsU3foj.jpg
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
  1. Boards
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. What is Hunters weakest matchup?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived