• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  3. Your favorite Alchemy System in the Atelier Series on PS3?

User Info: SkiethXInnis

SkiethXInnis
5 years ago#1
Which System did you like synthesising the most? - Results (46 votes)
Atelier Rorona's Alchemy System (This could include Atelier Rorona Plus)
2.17% (1 vote)
Alchemy Totori's Alchemy System
6.52% (3 votes)
Atelier Meruru's Alchemy System
36.96% (17 votes)
Atelier Ayesha's Alchemy System
13.04% (6 votes)
Atelier Escha and Logy's Alchemy System
41.3% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The only Atelier related game on PS2 I played was Mana Khemia 1, I'm just mentioning the PS3 ones.

Escha and Logy's Alchemy System instantly became my favorite when I figured it out lol. Manipulating the element points is surprisingly fun! though Totori's Alchemy System was good too (It was the first game that made me really try to understand the Alchemy System).

I heard some don't like Escha and Logy's Alchemy System, the heck?
PSN ID:soloasherx81
I have a gaming blog now! Come check it out to discuss gaming topics old and new. Come follow me at https://twitter.com/TheSoloasherx81

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
5 years ago#2
I liked how traits could be on about any item in the Arland trilogy, but Escha & Logy makes things pretty interesting as well...

Guess I'll give it to E&L.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

User Info: clostans

clostans
5 years ago#3
Well, it's more an Arland vs Dusk systems I guess.

If I had to choose... I want a mix of every system! :p

I think the Totori and co. ones needed more preparation, choosing good ingredients, with good traits and quality. All that part is almost gone from the new ones.

However once preparations are done the dusk ones are definitely more fun. You can play with the ingredient order and skills, and when you manage to get what you want by some miracle combination it's awesome.

Still I'll go with the Arland ones. It was more challenging all the way through, while in the dusk one you can make "normal" items without a care in the world and I end up playing with skill and ingredients just cause I can, not cause I need to.
Moreover, it's SLOW for banal things, and it ends up being a little annoying for low tier items.

Still, it's really hard to choose one over the other.

I guess I would love the Arland ingredient/gathering system with a more challenging Dusk synth. with some upgrades. Maybe Shari will have those upgrades?

User Info: Whippet_basic

Whippet_basic
5 years ago#4
I honestly can't even recall how alchemy worked in the earlier games exactly. It's been too long since I played them.

User Info: Yakra88

Yakra88
5 years ago#5
I'm the only one who liked Ayesha the best? E&L is just a dumbed down version of the Ayesha synthesis.
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.

User Info: EonmasterX_Jwin

EonmasterX_Jwin
5 years ago#6
I gotta give it to Meruru. Making those ultimate gears were addictive...& frustrating. But when you got everything where you wanted it...satisfaction...
Atelier Shallie... A game so epic I needed to make my first sig bc of it... (I will delete this sig when I own this game...)
http://i.imgur.com/auMyB4I.jpg

User Info: clostans

clostans
5 years ago#7
Yakra88 posted...
I'm the only one who liked Ayesha the best? E&L is just a dumbed down version of the Ayesha synthesis.

I do prefer Ayesha's over EschaLogy, just by a little. The problems I mentioned about the dusk system are less frequent with the old version.

User Info: Lexmark1989

Lexmark1989
5 years ago#8
EonmasterX_Jwin posted...
I gotta give it to Meruru. Making those ultimate gears were addictive...& frustrating. But when you got everything where you wanted it...satisfaction...

Yep, although I like ayesha's as well for being simpler but not as simple as the game after it.
Look In my Eyes! What do ya see!!
Pokemon Y FC Robin 0920-0595-5864

User Info: sbanhatti

sbanhatti
5 years ago#9
I voted for Ayesha, but I liked everything except the weapon/armour system. I much prefer the regular equipment synthing like in Escha & Logy.

So I think with the synthing from Ayesha + the weapons/armours from E&L, it would be near perfect.

User Info: Yakra88

Yakra88
5 years ago#10
sbanhatti posted...
I voted for Ayesha, but I liked everything except the weapon/armour system. I much prefer the regular equipment synthing like in Escha & Logy.

So I think with the synthing from Ayesha + the weapons/armours from E&L, it would be near perfect.

Ah yeah, Ayesha definitely had the worst equipment customization. It was much better in E&L, but I still prefer good ol' Hagel.
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  3. Your favorite Alchemy System in the Atelier Series on PS3?
  • Topic Archived