• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  3. How to make a decent Knowledge Book (Escha route, some spoilers)

User Info: Kartarius

Kartarius
5 years ago#1
This is a process for creating a Knowledge Book with Heavenly Wave, All Around Boost, and Max Compress. Note that the Knowledge Book is an Escha playthrough only attack item.

This process was mostly inspired by the topics on ultimate equipment and items here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709407-atelier-escha-and-logy-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sky/68839968

and here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709407-atelier-escha-and-logy-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sky/68820870/777868927

The second link mentions getting Super Properties, Jumbo Blessing, Cost Bonus, and/or All Around Boost on a Knowledge Book, but I'm baffled as how to make that happen. I could only get All Around Boost on. The ingredients for Heavenly Spirits and Knowledge Book are very restrictive. If someone knows how to do this in detail, I would love to be enlightened.

Anyway, here's the process to make a good Knowledge Book.

1) Following the guide on the first link, I went to the Lab of Eternity, got the Relic Change effect, boosted the search gauge to 200%, then went to the Herb Garden (save before entering).

2) I used a Dowsing Rod with the Amazing Relics effect, and started farming Natural Extracts. I replenished my search gauge with Mysterious Lanterns. As recommended by the guide, I had six Lanterns (30 uses) with the "Search Up S" effect so it would replenish 50% of the gauge.

The goal is to find a Natural Extract with the "All Around Boost" property. Reload your save until you get one.

3) This is important. When you go back to the Atelier, dismantle the Natural Extract with "All Around Boost" to turn it into a Primo. Medicine.

4) Synthesize a Heavenly Spirits. Make sure its Property Level is Level 5 so you can get "Frame Compress+." Put on "Frame Compress+" and whatever else.

5) Synthesize a Knowledge Book using the Heavenly Spirits you created and the Primo. Medicine with "All Around Boost." I forgot to confirm, but you may need to put PP boosting properties on the Treasure Grimoire. If you were following the first link for creating ultimate equipment, you'll have one.

At this point, I shouldn't need to give you step-by-step instructions for synthesizing the Knowledge Book, as the Heavenly Spirits gives four of each element. This is what you need primarily:
-Maxed out Effect
-Property Lv. 5
-Use Quantity Lv. 1
-Use Quantity Lv. 2
-Use Compression
-Use Reset Attribute on the Earth gauge after everything is done so the minimum amount of MP will be consumed with each use
-Put on Heavenly Wave, All Around Boost, and Max Compress

Get the homonculus to reproduce as many as you want.

If you don't care about how many slots your Knowledge Book takes, you could try your luck and find a Natural Extract with "All Around Boost "and another good property on it like "Mach Throw." This would depend on your patience however.

Hope this helps! I welcome feedback, as I'm only nearing the end of my first playthrough on Escha's route.
---
To err is human; to moo, bovine.

User Info: Yakra88

Yakra88
5 years ago#2
Kartarius posted...
The second link mentions getting Super Properties, Jumbo Blessing, Cost Bonus, and/or All Around Boost on a Knowledge Book, but I'm baffled as how to make that happen. I could only get All Around Boost on. The ingredients for Heavenly Spirits and Knowledge Book are very restrictive. If someone knows how to do this in detail, I would love to be enlightened.

What I did was get all those properties on the canned food, and used that as the elixir.
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.

Kartarius
5 years ago#3
Well, now I feel stupid. :P I thought I had looked through every item I could make and didn't find any other elixirs I could use besides the Primo. Medicine and the Sun Flower.

Thank you for pointing that out! It looks like I have to go back to the drawing board...
---

User Info: allanvvu

allanvvu
5 years ago#4
I was stumped by how to transfer properties onto the Knowledge Book too, but I asked in the ultimate weapon guide and it was answered to use canned food for that.

Kartarius
5 years ago#5
Stronger Knowledge Book

Knowledge Book with Super Properties, Jumbo Blessing, and Cost Bonus (or use All Around Boost if you prefer)

I came up with a way to make a Knowledge Books with these properties thanks to the tipoff (thank you Yakra88!). The downside to this Knowledge Book is it will take five spaces in your search equipment area.

Again, this assumes you have been making ultimate equipment from this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/709407-atelier-escha-and-logy-alchemists-of-the-dusk-sky/68839968

As I will be using leftover items.

Remember to use Quantity Lv. 1, Quantity Lv. 2, and Compression when possible (though we will be nixing Compression when making the Knowledge Book).

1) Make an SP Neutralizer using a Green Crystal with "Super Properties." The guide says you can find these in the Fallen Ruins, second map, using a Dowsing Rod with "Amazing Relics" with Relic Change in effect.

2) Make an SP Neutralizer using a Green Crystal with "Jumbo Blessing."

3) Make an SP Neutralizer with the "Cost Bonus" property. I don't know if these can come on Green Crystals as well. I got mine from a Zeigel Nugget from the Searing Wastes. Get the Relic Change effect, build your search gauge to 200%, go to the second map, and use Dowsing Rod with "Amazing Relics." Collect either the Melty Metal or the Zeigel Nugget (or get a little of both). All credit goes to the ultimate equipment guide for this tip.

4) Make an Apple Jam with a Golden Apple (I had a ton by the end of the game), any seasoning, a Distilled Water with "Traditional Soul", "PP Maximization", and "PP Expansion" (earlier leftover from making ultimate equipment); and an SP Neutralizer with "Super Properties."
-Carry over "Super Properties", "Traditional Soul", and "PP Maximization"
-Note: The Golden Apple will make it very easy to get Quantity Skills and Compression and whatever else you want to do

5) Make an Apple Jam with a Golden Apple, the Apple Jam from Step #4, a Distilled Water with the three PP effects, and an SP Neutralizer with "Jumbo Blessing"
-Carry over "Super Properties", "Jumbo Blessing", and "Traditional Soul"

6) Make an Apple Jam with a Golden Apple, the Apple Jam from Step #5, a Distilled Water with the three PP effects, and an SP Neutralizer with "Cost Bonus"
-Carry over "Super Properties", "Jumbo Blessing", and "Cost Bonus"

7) Make an Iron Plate using a Cardboard with the three PP effects as "Fuel" and carry all three over

8) Make a Canned Food using Preserved Biscuit, an Iron Plate with the three PP effects, an Apple Jam from Step #6, and an Apple Jam from Step #4
-Carry over "Super Properties", "Jumbo Blessing", and "Cost Bonus"

9) Make a Knowledge Book using a Heavenly Spirits, a Treasure Grimoire with the three PP effects (made earlier when making ultimate equipment), a Canned Food from Step #8, and anything for the Dragon ingredient. Again, the Heavenly Spirits gives four of each element so it will be easy to get everything you need. Make sure you have:
-Quantity Lv. 1
-Quantity Lv. 2
-Reset Attribute the Earth gauge so the least amount of MP will be used
-Do not use Compression in order to maximize the effect of "Jumbo Blessing"

Have the homonculus reproduce however many you want. You probably want no more than two in your search equipment area. One may be fine against most bosses.

Hope this helps!
---

User Info: iceaco

iceaco
5 years ago#6
Good job!
I hate making the OP knowledge book. It's a royal pain.
3DS FC: 0387-8791-9499

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
5 years ago#7
I made a variation of the above; the difference is how to make Canned Food.

#1. Make Apple Tart (I used this) or Veggie Soup or Rich Potage. Use Medical Solution (Traditional Soul, PP Max., PP Exp.)

#2. Make SP Neutralizer with Super Properties (from Green Crystal). Repeat process for a separate SP Neutralizer with Jumbo Blessing.

#3. Make Ziegel Nugget using SP Neutralizer (Super Properties) and a Ziegel Nugget (Cost Bonus). You may need some a little PP boosting from Iron Clay or Cardboard <_<

#4. Make another Ziegel Nugget using SP Neutralizer (Jumbo Blessing).

#5. Make Iron Plate using Ziegel Nugget (Super Properties, Cost Bonus), Ziegel Nugget (Jumbo Blessing), and Cardboard (Trad. Soul, PP Max., PP Exp.). Keep Super Properties, Cost Bonus, Jumbo Blessing.

#6. Make Canned Food using Apple Tart and Iron Plate. Keep Super Properties, Cost Bonus, Jumbo Blessing.

#7. Make Knowledge Book using Canned Food, Treasure Grimoire (with PP Boosting properties). Use Reset Attribute on Earth at the end, and be sure boost Quantity both times. Do NOT use Compression. Congrats.
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister

User Info: iceaco

iceaco
5 years ago#8
Apple Jam is better than Apple Tart because it's synthesizable and you can use Quantity lv1&2 to make batches of them.

I forgot this guide is here - there was someone else asking about Knowledge Book the other day.
And still no FAQs uploaded..
3DS FC: 0387-8791-9499

User Info: Dharengo

Dharengo
5 years ago#9
I generally avoid using consumables as ingredients if at all possible. Only synthesis materials are capable of holding every type of property. And you can't make multiples of consumables in one shot.

User Info: Drache_the_Dork

Drache_the_Dork
5 years ago#10
Yeah, Apple Jam is better, but it's hard to use when you forgot it existed. =P

iceaco posted...
And still no FAQs uploaded..

Honestly, I want to. I really want to (you can blame the mistranslations irking me all the time). And I'm THIS CLOSE to saying "**** it" and writing one, despite not really having the time for it. Though it'd be an easy write, as the game gives you plenty of direction already... the walkthrough section would probably be pretty bare bones for that reason. oh god i'm thinking about it
http://www.backloggery.com/drachenmeister
  1. Boards
  2. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  3. How to make a decent Knowledge Book (Escha route, some spoilers)
  • Topic Archived