• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: MTGxerxes

MTGxerxes
7 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCri4gAdHPA

On one hand: You can hack and customize pools to whatever you choose.
On the other: You can just reset and randomize 9 new packs if you weren't happy with what you opened.

I don't think many people know how to do this or even will do it, but the fact that it is possible kind of completely breaks the purpose of Sealed, the major draw to 2014.

It's potentially possible to unlock the locked slots as well, though it seems people haven't figured that out yet.
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic DotP 2013/2014, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
7 years ago#2
That's a shame.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

User Info: Kangermu

Kangermu
7 years ago#3
They've figured out how to unlock the slots, from what I've heard.

However, I don't think they can actually RANDOMIZE their sealed decks, outside of literally just going in and randomly selecting which cards to code in. The game seeds the cards as soon as you open them based on your account name, so no amount of legitimately opening the cards is going to change your pool.
Granted, I know very little about sex, but this really confuses me. Typical_SW_Fan
TEotH Stripes

User Info: MTGxerxes

MTGxerxes
7 years ago#4
Kangermu posted...
They've figured out how to unlock the slots, from what I've heard.

However, I don't think they can actually RANDOMIZE their sealed decks, outside of literally just going in and randomly selecting which cards to code in. The game seeds the cards as soon as you open them based on your account name, so no amount of legitimately opening the cards is going to change your pool.

Somebody created a small automatic program that randomizes them for you. I don't know how it works, I just know that it does.

Unlocking the slots is news to me.
Youtube: MTGXerxes. Pokemon DP, Mega Man 1-6, X, X4, Breath of Fire 1-2, Magic DotP 2013/2014, etc.
Gamertag: MtG Xerxes --- Gamestop Manager

User Info: Wulf2K

Wulf2K
7 years ago#5
The hackers / modders are actually doing more work on this game than WotC. I did some searching the other day when people first started complaining about hacked decks.

Sure, it sucks that people are using it for multiplayer evil, but the modders are fixing bugs with official cards and coding in pretty much the entire set of cards in paper Standard. I'll check back in a month or two, and I wouldn't be surprised if they've got everything complete and flawless.

User Info: blabla102384756

blabla102384756
7 years ago#6
DotP fans working on the game harder then the developers is nothing new.

Have you seen what they've done with 2013?

User Info: AbyssHunted

AbyssHunted
7 years ago#7
blabla102384756 posted...

You mean the game that STILL has an unpatched glitch that can randomly wipe your saves?

I think the better question is if we've seen what they HAVEN'T done with 2013.
Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
-Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

User Info: aalnius

aalnius
7 years ago#8
AbyssHunted posted...

You mean the game that STILL has an unpatched glitch that can randomly wipe your saves?

he meant the fans who are making unofficial patches, its also generally the case that some fans will fix games for the devs its why alot of pc games have unofficial patches.

civ 5 actually has a massive unofficial patch which is then used by the devs to see what things they actually need to concentrate on and what things people actually want in the game
http://dotabuff.com/players/89497302
http://iforez.olf.sgsnet.se/dotastats/89497302/

User Info: RufusNKenRSTier

RufusNKenRSTier
7 years ago#9
AbyssHunted posted...

It... what? What is this glitch? I tried it on the 360 since it was free and was considering getting it for the PC since the decks appear to be more fun (in my opinion, of course).

Also, where can I find this Civ 5 patch? Does it apply to BNW?
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173

User Info: RufusNKenRSTier

RufusNKenRSTier
7 years ago#10
Ugghhhh offline only :(.
Reign of Dragons referral code H3JC7GR
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A