• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: crawfishpoboy

crawfishpoboy
10 months ago#1
Hi, I was wondering if someone can assist with the following?

1. I downloaded the Fairy Fencer F DLC which says it adds the Coliseum, but I didn't see it in the Planeptune information as the description says. I'm still on chapter 2. Does it appear later? I'm assuming the DLC was installed correctly as I did get the items from the other DLCs like Beginner's Item.

2. Just to confirm, this game is the first of all the Neptunia series? I'm a little confused with all the hyper/superdimension names but it seems to be based on what I'm finding in the wikis.

thanks!

User Info: chuckie_um

chuckie_um
10 months ago#2
1: It doesn't add the Colosseum. It requires the Colosseum to be unlocked to be activated. On your first cycle, you should be able to obtain the plan for the Colosseum as well as the item it needs and unlock it by around Chapter 4. On later cycles, it will be available immediately providing it was already unlocked.

2. Technically, no. This is a remake of the first game in the Neptunia franchise with some altered story elements and a general mechanics overhaul that brings it more in line with some of the later entries in terms of quality of life playing it. If you're looking for a starting point, however, then this functions as one quite well as its story is disconnected from the other mainline entries and it doesn't have the notorious monotony and difficulty of the PS3 original game.

crawfishpoboy
10 months ago#3
thanks, chuckie!

chuckie_um
10 months ago#4
No prob.

crawfishpoboy
10 months ago#5
Can you provide other dungeon monster plan changes that give huge XP like the Whale Child in the factory? I just read that in one of the other older threads and it's made the grind so much easier. thanks

chuckie_um
10 months ago#6
Generally speaking, most of the "Risky foes" are EXP sponges. The Whale Child's main draw is that it's very easy to beat for when you encounter it so that makes the EXP gain far more valuable than most others at the time.

crawfishpoboy
10 months ago#7
Ah, yes. I went against of the other new big mech monster in that dungeon and got wiped out in 3 turns, yet the Whale Child was quite easy.

chuckie_um
10 months ago#8
Yeah. Most dungeons will have one (or a few) relatively "weaker" Risky foes and then a far stronger one that will crush you at levels where you can beat the weaker ones.

Much much later in the game, when you can encounter a Clione, you'll basically find your best source of money and EXP from those without paid DLC. They're quite tough but you can actually beat them fairly early if you go into the battle prepared since they're also extremely predictable.

Once you've earned EXE drives from beating up the whale, though, that's pretty much all the level grinding you'd actually need to do. Just playing the game naturally past that point is enough to serve you til the end or, if you really want to stay ahead, clearing out all the content you can as it arrives since doing so will keep you occupied and grant you access to plenty of plans that make life much easier for you. While levels do matter in this game, equipment (including disc development for tricky fights) is far more important.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A