• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  3. Is this special in any way?

User Info: chuckie_um

chuckie_um
1 year ago#21
Half the fun in these is going from weak and struggling to seeing just how strong you can be as you nuke the final boss out of the water, so can't argue with that.

Managed to take down the Eggplant now with trivial ease (Noire, Blanc, and Nep make for a nice combo since Noire's EXE also debuffs enemies while Blanc remains the unkillable tank she is and Nep brings the damage) so gonna time to farm it for drops! After that, I'll move on to Sunlight Bug for a bit and then I'll probably clear out whatever coliseum S-Ranks I can before I start my third cycle.

Best part for me is that I also now have all the plans done, accessories and such included, that don't require multiple NG+ to clear or the DLC dungeons (still haven't gone back into those). So aside from Millionare trophy that I'll get as a side effect of trying to get everyone all their gear and the candidate trophies since I haven't unlocked them yet, feels like I'm almost totally done here.

... Well, that and reaching level 999, but if I can clear everything else before I get to that point then I probably won't care too much about reaching it unless I'm close enough to it that it doesn't feel like much of a grind.

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#22
chuckie_um posted...
Half the fun in these is going from weak and struggling to seeing just how strong you can be as you nuke the final boss out of the water, so can't argue with that.

Managed to take down the Eggplant now with trivial ease (Noire, Blanc, and Nep make for a nice combo since Noire's EXE also debuffs enemies while Blanc remains the unkillable tank she is and Nep brings the damage) so gonna time to farm it for drops! After that, I'll move on to Sunlight Bug for a bit and then I'll probably clear out whatever coliseum S-Ranks I can before I start my third cycle.

Best part for me is that I also now have all the plans done, accessories and such included, that don't require multiple NG+ to clear or the DLC dungeons (still haven't gone back into those). So aside from Millionare trophy that I'll get as a side effect of trying to get everyone all their gear and the candidate trophies since I haven't unlocked them yet, feels like I'm almost totally done here.

... Well, that and reaching level 999, but if I can clear everything else before I get to that point then I probably won't care too much about reaching it unless I'm close enough to it that it doesn't feel like much of a grind.

The only reason I bought the level cap DLC, is because there were some Colosseum Missions I couldn't clear, plus I really wanted the items from said matches.
I did find a steam guide on how to clear the level 900+ Colosseum matches, but the hardest one IMO, is "The Mascot Returns". Mostly due to the Pixelvader hitting like a truck, and the Skill Jammer. Plus it didn't help that the pixelvader went after ROM and Uni instead of Blanc.

I already got all the Trophies, however, I wanna purchase CPU Rings for everyone, since they give a huge stat boost, and give a +50 resistance to all elements. However, they cost 5 million Credits, so I'm constantly battling the Clione in Hanada Forest to refill my savings.
The Maximum you can hold is 99,999,999.

chuckie_um
1 year ago#23
Ah. I just figured I may as well go for everything possible that's there and it's been proving fun.

Hanada Forest was pretty rough the first couple of times since I couldn't afford the CPU's ultimate gears at first and was in my low 700s. Gonna be giving True Legacy a shot though now that the CPUs all have their weapon and armors though I'm still not even 900 so it should be an interesting fight. Hopefully I don't get wrecked too badly considering the Clione there was able to actually damage Blanc (been a while sinve I've seen a Clione do that to her) but I also haven't tried making any specialized discs to give everyone a defense boost just yet.

... and after that I'll go and start my third cycle to get the candidates finally as well as try out the level 900+ Colosseum matches. Good to know the max you can hold is below 100m though so I don't end up trying to save all the credits I need at once only to realize too late I was capped and wasted a bunch of time.

Though it is a shame that only the CPUs have ultimate armors since it means I'm also gonna wanna replay the true ending a.... bunch of times to get everyone else the closest thing to an ultimate armor they can get in Celestia Bangles. Granted it goes by pretty fast when you're skipping through cutscenes and making a beeline to the bosses but it's still a bit of a shame they don't get anything unique since they all have ultimate weapons and armors aren't visible so it wouldn't have needed much work to give them each something.

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#24
chuckie_um posted...
Ah. I just figured I may as well go for everything possible that's there and it's been proving fun.

Hanada Forest was pretty rough the first couple of times since I couldn't afford the CPU's ultimate gears at first and was in my low 700s. Gonna be giving True Legacy a shot though now that the CPUs all have their weapon and armors though I'm still not even 900 so it should be an interesting fight. Hopefully I don't get wrecked too badly considering the Clione there was able to actually damage Blanc (been a while sinve I've seen a Clione do that to her) but I also haven't tried making any specialized discs to give everyone a defense boost just yet.

... and after that I'll go and start my third cycle to get the candidates finally as well as try out the level 900+ Colosseum matches. Good to know the max you can hold is below 100m though so I don't end up trying to save all the credits I need at once only to realize too late I was capped and wasted a bunch of time.

Though it is a shame that only the CPUs have ultimate armors since it means I'm also gonna wanna replay the true ending a.... bunch of times to get everyone else the closest thing to an ultimate armor they can get in Celestia Bangles. Granted it goes by pretty fast when you're skipping through cutscenes and making a beeline to the bosses but it's still a bit of a shame they don't get anything unique since they all have ultimate weapons and armors aren't visible so it wouldn't have needed much work to give them each something.

I'm more upset the Maker characters don't have A.O.E.(except for IF and MAGES.) Nor can they delay the enemy's turn like 5pb. Just to make players wanna use them more often.

The only things I might do before finishing the game, despite unlocking Platinum already, is buying their UD outfits(aka: Ultradimension)

Yeah, I wish the Makers had ultimate armors. However, All characters can equip the CPU Ring.
However, that ornament is 5 million each. Meaning you'll be spending 95 million credits in order to equip one to each character. But I've been restocking my money between purchases so I don't run out of cash too quickly.

As for Money, you can check your total savings progress under: Nepedia -> Play Data -> Credits held.

chuckie_um
1 year ago#25
Yeah. The lack of decent AoE on a lot of them turns them mostly into support effect characters rather than anyone I want to use in battles that have the slightest hint of difficulty which is kinda a shame. Haven't played the others yet to see what 5pb is like but I suppose it's more to look forward to now.

True Legacy was a bit of a disappointment. Went into it with full EXE expecting at least a bit of a fight like the Clione gave me but instead it got one small hit in for 4 digit damage on Blanc during my first turn when I went HDD and had Blanc, Noire, and Nep give themselves an attack buff..... and it didn't get a turn 2 because three EXEs were enough to finish it off.

Ah well. At least now I finally have the entire gallery unlocked and now I just have to get enough memory from this cycle to unlock the candidates. That and run through the level 900+ recommended Colosseum matches.

I do, however, personally plan to end the game by having at least one of everything in my inventory ignoring temporary stuff. Considering the EXP you get out of the high credits enemies, I guess I can say reaching level 999 in the process is a given so it's really just a matter of if I'll feel like clearing the story and getting the true ending.... 12 times along the way. Knowing myself, though, I won't feel satisfied until I have everyone able to equip the best of everything, so I'll probably wind up doing it for my own sake.

.... Kinda funny, actually. My friend warned me I'd be doing a lot of early game grinding but I hadn't really done any grinding at all (turns out, I was doing most battles underleveled and underequipped now that I've actually looked things up and have hindsight) and now that the main portion of the game is over, NOW is when I suddenly have a lot of grind to do.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#26
Honestly, the only difficult fight in this game is the one against Black Heart, since you don't get healed after fighting the bird, so if you end the first fight on low HP, she can potentially one-shot your party from the get-go. Every boss after that is much easier in comparison, with the exception of a few optional dungeon bosses, but they are more trial-and-error than anything since the game doesn't tell you their levels.

Regarding the DLC dungeons, I actually found the mobs harder than the bosses due to their numbers.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

chuckie_um
1 year ago#27
Fighting Black Heart is when I originally discovered I was playing underleveled and undergeared because my friend was telling me I needed to be around level 10-15 or so to have an easier time with it while I had beat her at level.... 8 or so without much in the way of extra gear from the shops.

As for difficult fights.... honestly, I found winning a few of the "unwinnable" boss fights before a NG+ as pretty fun and challenging. Especially the Chapter 6 one since it wasn't limited to 9999 damage and started as a dual boss so you had to be extra careful with positioning and the like.

The only DLC dungeon that really gave me any pause was Haneda Forest. Both because I went in there first (big mistake there once I realized how much easier Nights Dimension and Numa cave were in comparison) and because I ran in there undergeared as ever. The Clione fight there was a fun challenge though before I actually bothered to make a proper defensive disc to let Blanc tank it without any real concern but yeah, the regular mobs felt more threatening in general there (not so much in the other 2 areas though).

That said, I'm finally at chapter 8 on cycle 3 and have the candidates unlocked as well as the plans related to them cleared and done. I'll need another cycle to be able to have one of each accessory since some 1-time per run ones are needed in a few plans but aside from that it's Colosseum battles and money grinding that's left. Overall, it's been fun and I'm looking forward to getting into RB2 and such afterwards.

Speaking of which, and it's a bit off-topic, but can you really get locked out of Conquest/Holy Sword routes in RB2 if you don't do them first? All I know is they're essentially that game's bad (and the dodging a bullet from the bad end) routes but I plan to go into it blind like I did here..... but if I can lock myself out of those routes from on a new game + then I'll want to actually look up what I need to do in order to make sure I don't miss them.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#28
The Black Heart fight is more unfair than actually hard, because you don't get healed after the first fight against the bird. It's rather a dick move to catch new players off-guard - like that stupid Ultra Necrozma fight in Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon, where you can get one-shotted if you don't already know what to do.

About the RB2 Conquest route, you can potentially lock yourself out of the original "Demon Sword" version if your Lily Ranks are too high (8+ with all other goddesses), but you can still access it by not recruiting at least one of the human characters, for which you need to recruit the goddesses first and never visit one of the cities again.

It was just a joke or troll ending in the original Mk2 that was more like Silent Hill's UFO ending than anything (and hilarious for all the wrong reasons), but the new "Holy Sword" version in RB2 completely ruined the humor by labeling it the bad ending of the game. It was supposed to depict the Prisoner's Dilemma, or a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, so forcing a happy ending out of it made no sense, to me at least...
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480
  1. Boards
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  3. Is this special in any way?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A