• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#1
So, I'm finally able to defeat the Clione in the Millenium Labyrinth, But I can't get it to drop the last 2 items(indicated by ?????) Even with the Treasure Hunter Plan active. All it ever drops is Large Medal V.

Are those drops really rare or something?
How do I get those last 2 drops?

User Info: ryusashi

ryusashi
1 year ago#2
Rare drops.
Plan: null back attack
Amazing jelly
Amazing jelly has a few things its required for (at least the dlc does) and the plan is only useful if you decide to just run away and have back to enemies often
To live is to know pain and suffering, and to grow stronger still from it.
Fc: 1864-8429-9798. Lampent, pumkaboo, drifblim

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#3
The "guaranteed symbol attack" plan makes it redundant anyway.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#4
ryusashi posted...
Rare drops.
Plan: null back attack
Amazing jelly
Amazing jelly has a few things its required for (at least the dlc does) and the plan is only useful if you decide to just run away and have back to enemies often

I see. Still, How do I get it to drop those items?
Also, does Treasure hunter Plan stack with Drop Rate Chips?
I haven't created a disc with that chip, so I wouldn't know?
Oh! and does a character's Luck stat help with the drop rate? or does it only determine critical hit rate?

Solarys
1 year ago#5
Everything stacks in this game. But as usual with RNG-based things, you can never tell when it's working or not, unless the effect is very significant...

If V-II is anything to go by, Luck affects a lot of things, not just critical rate. It also affects the chance of receiving crits and inflicting/sustaining secondary effects (like poison and paralysis), and especially escape rate. It's easy to test in V-II because Noire has terrible Luck compared to everyone else, and you can actually reduce Nepgear's Luck to 0 by giving her the "Gehaburn" (suicidal joke weapon), in which case she can almost never escape. As far as drop rate goes, I didn't see a noticeable difference, if any at all.

But of course, V-II runs on a new engine, so I'm not sure how much it had inherited from the Rebirth games, which are based on the original Victory.

User Info: ryusashi

ryusashi
1 year ago#6
I remember fighting an enemy thinking "this thing should drop the plans and a mat for a CPU ultimate stuff, only to have a single item drop once out of 5 times, and it was a tough enemy. Sometimes, I hate the drop rate with passion. Should be guaranteed for hard enemies....
To live is to know pain and suffering, and to grow stronger still from it.
Fc: 1864-8429-9798. Lampent, pumkaboo, drifblim

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#7
Solarys posted...
Everything stacks in this game. But as usual with RNG-based things, you can never tell when it's working or not, unless the effect is very significant...

If V-II is anything to go by, Luck affects a lot of things, not just critical rate. It also affects the chance of receiving crits and inflicting/sustaining secondary effects (like poison and paralysis), and especially escape rate. It's easy to test in V-II because Noire has terrible Luck compared to everyone else, and you can actually reduce Nepgear's Luck to 0 by giving her the "Gehaburn" (suicidal joke weapon), in which case she can almost never escape. As far as drop rate goes, I didn't see a noticeable difference, if any at all.

But of course, V-II runs on a new engine, so I'm not sure how much it had inherited from the Rebirth games, which are based on the original Victory.

Well, here's hopin it won't take too long for the Clione to drop the last 2 items.
It took way too long for the Old Death to drop the Orbital-S(Shoulder) Processor. I had to defeat 21 of them before I got that drop.

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#8
ryusashi posted...
I remember fighting an enemy thinking "this thing should drop the plans and a mat for a CPU ultimate stuff, only to have a single item drop once out of 5 times, and it was a tough enemy. Sometimes, I hate the drop rate with passion. Should be guaranteed for hard enemies....

Well, on the bright side, the Drop Rate for Bosses is now Guaranteed, compared to Neptunia Victory.
I just wish there was a way to improve the Drop Rate on regular enemies.

Solarys
1 year ago#9
Nine_Tails137 posted...
Well, on the bright side, the Drop Rate for Bosses is now Guaranteed, compared to Neptunia Victory. I just wish there was a way to improve the Drop Rate on regular enemies.

Story boss drops have been guaranteed since Victory. Mk2 on the other hand, was notorious for missable boss drops, with one battle in particular (vs. 3 bosses at the same time) that will drive you insane if you are a completionist - and they just happen to drop some of the best equipment in the game...

You can raise the drop rate using disc chips, but I have no idea how effective they are. The "drop rate up" chips seem to follow the same pattern (10/15/20/25/30%), but there is no way to test RNG-based things without doing 100s of trials, which I definitely can't be bothered.

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#10
Solarys posted...
Nine_Tails137 posted...
Well, on the bright side, the Drop Rate for Bosses is now Guaranteed, compared to Neptunia Victory. I just wish there was a way to improve the Drop Rate on regular enemies.

Story boss drops have been guaranteed since Victory. Mk2 on the other hand, was notorious for missable boss drops, with one battle in particular (vs. 3 bosses at the same time) that will drive you insane if you are a completionist - and they just happen to drop some of the best equipment in the game...

You can raise the drop rate using disc chips, but I have no idea how effective they are. The "drop rate up" chips seem to follow the same pattern (10/15/20/25/30%), but there is no way to test RNG-based things without doing 100s of trials, which I definitely can't be bothered.

Agreed! Histy's Bookmark is only dropped by Overlord Momus 2nd fight, and OMG is it powerful!
I just wish it got dropped as a plan instead of an item. Then I wouldn't have to go through multiple playthroughs to acquire more of that ornament.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A