• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#11
Nine_Tails137 posted...
My original party set up was:
Vert lv. 99
Peashy Lv. 130,
Histoire Lv. 120.

There's your problem. You are using 3 of the glassiest characters in the game, so no wonder you can't take a hit. Vert is probably the worst goddess to use against bosses, being defensively weak and melee - what she is good for is support, as she gives shorten WT. Neptune (w/ Ignore Traits), Nepgear, and Blanc are the best boss killers.

If you want to use ranged casters like Histore, then put Blanc as the leader up in the enemies' face and guard every second turn. Give her an HP regen or Drill chip so she can tank hits forever. Nepgear can fill Blanc's role if you know what you're doing. Place the ranged characters outside the enemies' attack range so they don't trigger aggro, since Blanc sadly doesn't get a provoking skill (like Apollonius in FFF) until V2R.

Note the AI tends to pick its target in the following order: leader > most HP > did the most damage last turn
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#12
Solarys posted...
Nine_Tails137 posted...
My original party set up was:
Vert lv. 99
Peashy Lv. 130,
Histoire Lv. 120.

There's your problem. You are using 3 of the glassiest characters in the game, so no wonder you can't take a hit. Vert is probably the worst goddess to use against bosses, being defensively weak and melee - what she is good for is support, as she gives shorten WT. Neptune (w/ Ignore Traits), Nepgear, and Blanc are the best boss killers.

If you want to use ranged casters like Histore, then put Blanc as the leader up in the enemies' face and guard every second turn. Give her an HP regen or Drill chip so she can tank hits forever. Nepgear can fill Blanc's role if you know what you're doing. Place the ranged characters outside the enemies' attack range so they don't trigger aggro, since Blanc sadly doesn't get a provoking skill (like Apollonius in FFF) until V2R.

Note the AI tends to pick its target in the following order: leader > most HP > did the most damage last turn

Sadly, I didn't have Blanc in my Party at the time. So I decided to wait until she joined before attempting that Colosseum Match again. Part of the reason I used Peashy and Histoire, is because they were at a higher level than the in-game characters, since I didn't have the Level Cap DLC yet. I also had the "Break Damage Limit" and "Super EXE Drive" Plans active. And Histoire is able to inflict over 10k Damage per hit using her EXE Drive.

The reason I had Vert in Battle, is because she's pretty much the only character with an SP Skill that Debuffs enemies. While every other characters' Debuffing skills are done through their EXE Drives. Also, is it just me, or is there pretty much no way to debuff an enemy's Strength, aside from RAM's Absolute Zero EXE Drive?

Also, I've tried spreading out my characters so the Enemy can only target one character at a time. But that doesn't always work. I would give them stronger Weapons, Armor, and Ornaments, but sadly, the really good Weapons/Armor/Ornaments are either too expensive(costs between 2-25 million credits at the in-game shop), or can only be obtained once per playthrough(Ex: Histy's Bookmark, Celestia Bangle, etc.) And it's not exactly easy to farm Credits, even with the "Credits up" Plan in effect.

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#13
Nine_Tails137 posted...
The reason I had Vert in Battle, is because she's pretty much the only character with an SP Skill that Debuffs enemies. While every other characters' Debuffing skills are done through their EXE Drives. Also, is it just me, or is there pretty much no way to debuff an enemy's Strength, aside from RAM's Absolute Zero EXE Drive?

IIRC, Plutia and some human characters also have debuffs. But don't bother with them, because this isn't FFF or Atelier, and most status and debuffs don't work on bosses at all (or they do absolutely nothing), so use buffs on your own party instead. And since you are having trouble with jammers, so it's not like you can use them anyway.

Honestly, the safest and easiest way is to go in with 3 goddesses equipped with Drill, transform when your HP gets low and attack, then turn it off the next turn and guard (so you get another turn almost immediately). This way you can survive forever as long as you don't get one-shotted. Using the "regen tank" method is also fine, but as you noticed, since there's no way to provoke enemies in this game, it doesn't always work to protect your glass cannons on the back, so they'd still need some ways to recover HP, provided they don't get 1HKO'd.

Either way, this game is all about staying healthy and winning battles of attrition - unlike other RPGs such as Pokémon and Atelier, where your goal is to finish off the enemies as quickly as possible by any means necessary.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#14
Solarys posted...
Nine_Tails137 posted...

IIRC, Plutia and some human characters also have debuffs. But don't bother with them, because this isn't FFF or Atelier, and most status and debuffs don't work on bosses at all (or they do absolutely nothing), so use buffs on your own party instead. And since you are having trouble with jammers, so it's not like you can use them anyway.

Honestly, the safest and easiest way is to go in with 3 goddesses equipped with Drill, transform when your HP gets low and attack, then turn it off the next turn and guard (so you get another turn almost immediately). This way you can survive forever as long as you don't get one-shotted. Using the "regen tank" method is also fine, but as you noticed, since there's no way to provoke enemies in this game, it doesn't always work to protect your glass cannons on the back, so they'd still need some ways to recover HP, provided they don't get 1HKO'd.

Either way, this game is all about staying healthy and winning battles of attrition - unlike other RPGs such as Pokémon and Atelier, where your goal is to finish off the enemies as quickly as possible by any means necessary.

But the only debuffs I can inflict on enemies are: Vitality(aka: Physical Defense), Intelligence(aka: Magic Attack), Mentality(aka: Magic Defense), Tec(aka: Accuracy) Movement, Agility, and Luck.

I did make a Disc with Act Fast, Ignore Category, and Gradual HP Recovery. Which I equipped to Blanc.
Anyway, I WAS able to win the Colosseum match that rewards the Rune Caliber. But I feel the other Colosseum Matches won't be as easy?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A