• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  3. About the Maker Characters?

User Info: Nine_Tails137

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#1
Aside from IF and MAGES. Why are all the Maker Characters' EXE Drives and SP skills that cause damage, limited to single targets?(aka: they lack A.O.E.) 😫 HELL! Even Neptune's Neptune Break, which used to hit 3 targets in the first Neptunia game, now only hits 1 target! What the HELL!?

http://i.imgur.com/IhyCiKd.jpg

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#2
Because they are cheap to use, and have lower WT compared to the goddesses. Those characters are made to spam skills exclusively, because most of them have downright terrible combo attacks.

Everyone's EXE move has roughly the same base damage; AOE ones are weaker and do fewer hits. You shouldn't use EXE moves with anyone except transformed goddesses anyway. Actually, IF and Histoire are the only non-goddesses in this game that are worth using, due to their ideal passive skills (shorten wait and ignore traits).

This remake is based on Victory's battle system, so most, if not all, characters have identical skills as they did in V. Neptune Break (alone with Blanc's Hard Break and Uni's NGP) pushes back the target's turn, which makes it invaluable against bosses and coliseum enemies. There are also specials that debuff the target, like Nepgear's Celestial Severance.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#3
Solarys posted...
Because they are cheap to use, and have lower WT compared to the goddesses. Those characters are made to spam skills exclusively, because most of them have downright terrible combo attacks.

Everyone's EXE move has roughly the same base damage; AOE ones are weaker and do fewer hits. You shouldn't use EXE moves with anyone except transformed goddesses anyway. Actually, IF and Histoire are the only non-goddesses in this game that are worth using, due to their ideal passive skills (shorten wait and ignore traits).

This remake is based on Victory's battle system, so most, if not all, characters have identical skills as they did in V. Neptune Break (alone with Blanc's Hard Break and Uni's NGP) pushes back the target's turn, which makes it invaluable against bosses and coliseum enemies. There are also specials that debuff the target, like Nepgear's Celestial Severance.

If that's true, then that's basically the same as if those characters were never part of the game in the first place!(aka: you could remove them from the games completely, and not loose anything)

Which is sad, because I love their designs and personalities!
CC2 is similar to Naruto Uzumaki,
MarvelousAQL is similar to Asuka from Senran Kagura,
Broccoli is similar to that Cat-like character from Di Gi Charat(sorry, I forgot her name?)
Tekken's Masochism is kinda cute at times,
Young Falcom has a very adventurous personality,
and
MAGES. has a confusing yet hysterical personality. Especially after finding out the meaning of her references.

And by limiting their damaging SP Skills to single targets, I feel they're not reaching their full potential?

User Info: Solarys

Solarys
1 year ago#4
What's really sad is that the most useful maker character, "5pb.", isn't in this game. AFAIK, she is the only one in the entire series who can delay enemies' turn using normal attacks, instead of EXE moves.
"Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at."
IBM System x3500 M4 || Xeon E5-2687W v2 || 32 GB DDR3 ECC || Radeon RX 480

Nine_Tails137
1 year ago#5
Solarys posted...
What's really sad is that the most useful maker character, "5pb.", isn't in this game. AFAIK, she is the only one in the entire series who can delay enemies' turn using normal attacks, instead of EXE moves.

IKR! I miss 5pb as well.
I used her A LOT in the first neptunia game, since she could heal all allies without wasting items.

Speaking of "Turn delay", I forget which characters have that effect?
I assume Yellow Heart's Guard Strike is one on them?
  1. Boards
  2. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
  3. About the Maker Characters?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A