• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Pinball Arcade
  3. Announcement regarding DLC

User Info: swuth66

swuth66
1 year ago#1
Our longstanding licenses for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will finally come to an end on June 30th, 2018. Therefore, after this date tables from these manufacturers will no longer be offered for sale within the Pinball Arcade. However, customers who purchased any of these tables prior to the deadline will continue to own them and have access to them within the Pinball Arcade, and we will continue to support them as we do the other tables in our collection. This change will affect all of our devices and platforms.

So if you’ve ever been interested in owning these great tables, please purchase them now, before they disappear!

FarSight will continue to release new tables for the Pinball Arcade. We are excited to announce that Season 8 will launch later this summer and will feature all of the recent Stern tables in Stern Pinball Arcade along with several new tables.

We’d like to sincerely thank all of our customers and fans over the past decade. Your amazing support of our game has helped build the Pinball Arcade into the greatest pinball simulation of all time. Pinball forever!
FarsightSwuth

User Info: Seltaeb9091

Seltaeb9091
1 year ago#2
And the issue of licensing rears its ugly head in TPA. Looks like I'd better hustle about the seasons I've been thinking about getting.

It just sucks that the cross platform purchases only were for the PS3 and Vita. I had been hesitating on the PS4 because of the prospect of buying all these tables again.
When the Giants come to town, it's Bye Bye Baby...

User Info: keithmac247

keithmac247
1 year ago#3
I have a question...I know you get to keep the tables you already own once the license ends....but, what if I uninstall the game...or my ps4 breaks or whatever the case may be...and I have to install the new updated game....will I still have my tables then?...

I ask this because farsight said they would release an update on or before June 30...and if you didnt own a William's game..you wouldn't even see them in the game anymore..

So I'm wondering if the new file for the game won't even have the William's bally tables in it...meaning I would have no way of getting the tables I alrdy owned back..

Just wondering....genuinely concerned here lol.

swuth66
1 year ago#4
keithmac247 posted...
I have a question...I know you get to keep the tables you already own once the license ends....but, what if I uninstall the game...or my ps4 breaks or whatever the case may be...and I have to install the new updated game....will I still have my tables then?...

I ask this because farsight said they would release an update on or before June 30...and if you didnt own a William's game..you wouldn't even see them in the game anymore..

So I'm wondering if the new file for the game won't even have the William's bally tables in it...meaning I would have no way of getting the tables I alrdy owned back..

Just wondering....genuinely concerned here lol.

Yes, you will be able to keep the tables you own, even if you get a new PS4 (as long as you use the same PSN account, you will be able to redownload them after 6/30) They will just not be available for sale after 6/30.
FarsightSwuth

User Info: keithmac247

keithmac247
1 year ago#5
Appreciate the quick response...thanks

User Info: HiddenDarknessX

HiddenDarknessX
1 year ago#6
So the packs won't be pulled from the store until June 30th? I know thats what it says in the first post but I just wanted to clarify since I won't be able to buy them for a couple more weeks.

swuth66
1 year ago#7
HiddenDarknessX posted...
So the packs won't be pulled from the store until June 30th? I know thats what it says in the first post but I just wanted to clarify since I won't be able to buy them for a couple more weeks.

Correct, you will be able to buy the packs/tables up to June 30th. After June 30th they will no longer be available for purchase. Any tables you bought prior to June 30th you can keep and play.
FarsightSwuth

User Info: Digital-Daemon

Digital-Daemon
1 year ago#8
I just splashed out and bought every single table. Almost went for the Pro option but that was pushing my gaming budget this month a bit.

Looking forward to spending some quality time with these classics :)
...so the World might be mended...

User Info: ChadtheChosen

ChadtheChosen
1 year ago#9
I had to cancel some game preorders to afford the tables before they are pulled which is almost all of them since majority of the pinball arcade tables are from Williams and Bally. Still need to get season 7 though before the 30th hits. Was waiting for longest time for the tables to go on sale but now had to buckle down and start buying them.
PSN: ChadDeathBringer

User Info: VincentVega

VincentVega
11 months ago#10
I'm hoping they have them on sale this Tuesday.
"I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  1. Boards
  2. The Pinball Arcade
  3. Announcement regarding DLC
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Old TablesKurohyasha13/28 6:22PM