• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  3. After checking NINE local stores I finally found this game!

User Info: Harker409

Harker409
6 years ago#1
I looked at 9 local stores and nobody carries it. I work at Wal-Mart and while we don't carry it in-store, I found it on our website just now! Deus EX Wii U for $40 plus %10 emp. discount and they offer 2 day site to store shipping for FREE!

I think my local Gamestop had a used copy but it was in a plain black case and tend to avoid shopping there unless the game in question is a Gamestop exclusive like Xenoblade chronicles was.

Wii U is already struggling enough without those vultures are Gamestop adding to it. I buy used on PS3 and 360 but prefer to support third party on Wii U.

I own a 360 and PS3 but I really wanted it for Wii U after seeing the controller usage.

I have been eyeing this game since the vanilla version originally launched but I have a backlog of dozens of games so I never got around to buying it.

I am so STOKED and hope it's as good as they say :)
GamerTag & PSN name - ShotgunHarker76
"Tales of Vesperia is one of the greatest games ever released"

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
6 years ago#2
I also didn't find it when looking for it in 5 local stores, so i had to order it.
No More Heroes

User Info: Harker409

Harker409
6 years ago#3
PedroMontana posted...
I also didn't find it when looking for it in 5 local stores, so i had to order it.

EXACTLY my friend.....Third party sales suck on Wii U? it would help if stores actually carried the GOOD 3rd party titles.... instead of 8780987 copies of Super Mario 3D World.. (Not dissing on Mario 3D world, just making a good point)
GamerTag & PSN name - ShotgunHarker76
"Tales of Vesperia is one of the greatest games ever released"

PedroMontana
6 years ago#4
I'm starting to wonder if the Wii U version of DEHRDC will become expensive later on.

It really seems to be rare, and it's the best version of a high rated game in a series with some kind of cult following.
No More Heroes

PedroMontana
6 years ago#5
Lol, GameSpot called me yesterday...

The copy i ordered from them was already sold to someone else and getting a new one would take them multiple days.

I called an independent shop, they promised to get it today.
No More Heroes

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
6 years ago#6
Harker409 posted...
EXACTLY my friend.....Third party sales suck on Wii U? it would help if stores actually carried the GOOD 3rd party titles.... instead of 8780987 copies of Super Mario 3D World.. (Not dissing on Mario 3D world, just making a good point)

It still wouldn't help. Third party or not, anything that even resembles a shooter (including games developed by Nintendo) does terrible on the Wii or Wii U. The Metroid Prime series has numbers that are pretty equivalent to Operation Raccoon in terms of sales.

Stores don't stock them because they don't sell enough to offset the costs for stocking them. I worked at a store that was the only one in the area to have a lot of the rarer titles. In about a year, we sold three Wii games outside the mainstream titles off the shelf. Virtually all the sales for those games are purely pre-order.

PedroMontana posted...
I'm starting to wonder if the Wii U version of DEHRDC will become expensive later on.

It really seems to be rare, and it's the best version of a high rated game in a series with some kind of cult following.

No, it won't. Anyone that wants it will buy it. One novelty feature on the console that should be the last one anyone interested in this type of game should buy isn't going to make a difference. On top of that, games increasing in price are very abnormal. You need very, very specialized situation to occur.

The only time you really see it is when a Japanese game gets localized, does absolutely terribly, and then has a resurgence of interest, but not enough to justify reprinting the game outside Japan.

User Info: Citan_KL

Citan_KL
6 years ago#7
new copies of games will almost always go up in price on two conditions: 1.) enough time has passed, 2.) it's not a yearly release like Assassin's Creed or some kind of sales phenomenon like the GTA games are.

lets take Silent Hill 4 as an example. pretty popular series, but probably thought of as the worst of the 3 main entries on ps2. a new copy is starting at $65 on ebay/amazon. if you bought a new copy on sale for $20 2 gens ago, your game just tripled in value.

for reference, silent hill 2 is lowest around $75. and mind you this is after both games were released in HD collections on both ps3 and 360. had they not, prices would be higher.

Deus Ex HR: DC on Wii U will 100%, absolutely, without a doubt, increase in value as years go on. and i can't think of a better game currently out on the Wii U to use as an example: sales are low, not may copies were shipped, it's the best version of an incredibly good game.
~ BONEPILL

User Info: teh1337gosu

teh1337gosu
6 years ago#8
Citan22 posted...
new copies of games will almost always go up in price on two conditions: 1.) enough time has passed, 2.) it's not a yearly release like Assassin's Creed or some kind of sales phenomenon like the GTA games are.

lets take Silent Hill 4 as an example. pretty popular series, but probably thought of as the worst of the 3 main entries on ps2. a new copy is starting at $65 on ebay/amazon. if you bought a new copy on sale for $20 2 gens ago, your game just tripled in value.

for reference, silent hill 2 is lowest around $75. and mind you this is after both games were released in HD collections on both ps3 and 360. had they not, prices would be higher.

Deus Ex HR: DC on Wii U will 100%, absolutely, without a doubt, increase in value as years go on. and i can't think of a better game currently out on the Wii U to use as an example: sales are low, not may copies were shipped, it's the best version of an incredibly good game.

Exactly, it plays great on Wii u, better than all other platforms gameplay and graphics wise. PC leads in graphics but is unstable, although mods will eventually make it superior, minus the gamepad.
Yvan eht nioj
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  3. After checking NINE local stores I finally found this game!
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
No way this is 1080paggron30622/8 10:32AM

GameFAQs Q&A