• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: coreyerb

coreyerb
6 years ago#11
Halladay32 posted...
So...at some point during or after the ship section of the game, I will get all my augments back, right...? I assume no matter what that I won't get all my equipment back though, which irks me because I had a number of mines, grenades, automatic unlocking devices, energy bars, and hacking software that I was hoarding for a reason -_- But if I don't get my augments back...I don't know how well that will sit with me.

You do get everything back, including Praxis kits (so you can redo your augments if you like) and equipment. You'll probably have picked up some stuff in the meantime so you may not have room for all that plus what you had before, but at least you get to choose what to keep.

And if you want to know how far you are, you're about 80 percent through once you get off the ship. Couple major missions left.

Halladay32 posted...
Also, does the game load the ship section of the game differently (prolonged black screen at the beginning before normal loading)? If so, is it because it was originally DLC?

Yeah, it appears so. There are other funky aspects to that section of the game, like you can walk through certain walls/floors and the cutscene cameras have nonsense jump-cuts that the rest of the game doesn't have. Probably the usual DLC thing - a different department designed the level.

No problem about airing your frustration, either. That's what this place is for, and this game does have its frustrating bits. Glad to hear you've stuck with it.
NNID: LoeliaPonsonby / [007] iS*LoPo

User Info: Halladay32

Halladay32
6 years ago#12
Wait...I retrieved my equipment already, but I only got 7 Praxis kits...That's not what you're talking about, is it?
Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength, and use that strength to move forward.

Halladay32
6 years ago#13
Okay, never mind, I'm past the DLC and I see how they handled it.
Also, I just have to say, that "boss fight" in the DLC is marvelous -- one revolver shot to the head and he was done. Sigh, why can't they all be like that?
Hatred and sorrow are power. They are yours to control. All you have to do is turn them into strength, and use that strength to move forward.

User Info: lrtm182

lrtm182
6 years ago#14
I killed him with a turret :D

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnh36HVIw

User Info: Drumguy

Drumguy
6 years ago#15
I understand you already beat Barrett, but you know he was an aug too, right? If his health was 800 (and Jensen's can only go as high as 200) it's safe to say he has a much more advanced radar too.

I was frustrated by the boss fight as well. The way I beat him was just turn the difficulty level down. There's no shame in doing that if you're having trouble.
The next person that says, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."

Halladay32
6 years ago#16
Oh, I wasn't aware I could toggle the difficulty. I may try that now, because this Namir boss fight is literally the worst thing ever. Seriously, the boss fights in this game are horrendous -- especially this one, which I can't see any way in which stealth is possible.

Never mind again. I looked online and found out that apparently some of my augments still worked (which makes no sense to me, but whatever). That knowledge allowed me to break down a wall, climb into a vent, and then drop mines down an opening until he ended up dying. I don't know if that's worse or better than resorting to using my stun gun over and over again on Fedorova until she died...

Another reason why I dislike these boss fights is 'cause I always feel really cheap and exploitative afterwards. Oh well, I shouldn't have gone to the L.I.M.B. clinic to replace my chip, I guess.

There's only one more boss fight left in the game, right?

Halladay32
6 years ago#17
Okay, so I finished the game! The final boss was...confusing, to say the least. It seemed ridiculously easy and I'm not entirely sure what I was supposed to do or how I ended up beating it...

Anyway, I'm just curious, what was that scene about after the credits? Was that a teaser for a sequel or something?

User Info: Mattheau

Mattheau
6 years ago#18
Halladay32 posted...
Anyway, I'm just curious, what was that scene about after the credits? Was that a teaser for a sequel or something?

It's a reference to the first game.
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
No way this is 1080paggron30622/8 10:32AM

GameFAQs Q&A