• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Drakengard 3
  3. I liked the game,TILL I FACED THE FINAL BOSS OF ENDING D WOW! Spoilers! DUH

User Info: Asuract

Asuract
5 years ago#1
TLDR
If someone asked me if this game was worth it.i would say no, don't buy it, go watch the movie of the cut scenes and save yourself from wasting 20 hours of your time to end up enraged about a poorly designed final boss.
--------

Now I absolutely LOVE IT. I mean.. I HATE THIS GAME. I would have to be Decadus to enjoy spending hours enduring.. i mean mastering the style of game play I've never enjoyed or bothered to really play. AH, DDR Just great, it's what i think every Action adventure JRPG needs to spice things up so we can infuriate i mean give our players a change of pace yeah that's totally it. Lets fire the guy who thought it was a great idea to mask a note when the screen is black and people are talking. and not just one note, but 2! Brilliant right? LOL TROLOLOL. Can't tell if im mad yet? I bought the collectors edition, i'm a fan of drakngard/bier and their weird stories and gameplay sure it's never perfect but I've been satisfied by them. this time? HELL NO

Every game has it's up and downs, it's moments where you think, god this is annoying me and it's hard, but its doable and you know you can do it, if you pay attention for certain things but it won't take you that long maybe a few extra tries, maybe 10, maybe 20. It's only a few hours right? Haha, not without a guide or video to carry you.Talk about piss poor design. The final boss fight itself art wise is very cool, but the story of it makes no sense im supposed to eat the flower, not fly around it with my fingers up my butt for 8mins while it's song destroys the world..I do not think it's great that they decided to make this needlessly impossible for some people.

My solution? well crap they could have done a few things....

1. Don't make it ONE SHOT YOU, or seriously cut the time it takes to retry from 1-2mins, to instant.
2. Why did you have to black out the screen? Was that supposed to be funny? I want to hurt you =) DON'T black out the screen after i spent 7 some mins mastering your stupid fight
3. Fix the camera Angle at 5mins ish or add in something to help us accurately time the notes when you intentionally BLIND us for a fight that ONE SHOTS YOU HOLY FFFFF...

Overall?

Graphics - 7/10. they were good enough for what the game was trying to offer.
Sound - 10/10. Giving us the option to use Nier tracks, and good ones was great, it's original music was solid also.
Combat - 7/10. Smooth and spammy, not a lot of depth at first, but fun none the less, a cancel parry would have been nice for some heavy weapons.
Side quests. 3/10 - Boring repetitive, and total filler but better than nothing tho!
DLC - 9/10. was a nice chunk of story fun but reused dungeons were boring,new boss was cool
Boss fights - 6/10, if the final boss wasn't impossible(not worth ur time) it would have been a 9. Every other fight was ok, nothing special though, they all seemed to have way to much health. Most fights were just wait till you can do dmg, then do it, then stick your fingers up your butt while you wait 30seconds for him to be open to take dmg again.
Camera Control - 7/10. Want to shoot me? Im not trolling, I found that the camera control was quick and precise if maxed all the way up. I hated it at first because there were times I couldn't see what i was even hitting, or i had all kinds of monsters in my face. I just got used to it, doesn't make it a good thing tho.
VA - 10/10 Well done

Frame Rate drops - yes they exist, but it's very rare, it only happens when your dragon comes down and fires into the boss/enemy when you are attacking it also.

Bugs/glitches - There were no real bugs I experienced other than in the land of the forests where the mist would envelop you and you couldn't see anything. Seems to be a reoccurring theme tho i maybe it was intentional? "Lets blind the player and see how frustrated they get!"
PM me your FC if you add me.
3ds FC: 5215 - 1144 - 3387

User Info: Chojuto

Chojuto
5 years ago#2
Totally agree with you. I was freaking addicted to this game up until the last boss. In many ways this last boss is WORSE than the typical rhythm game. In rhythm games you can see all of your notes, mess up a few times, potentially practice sections of the song in a practice mode, oh and also it's actually fun. I play hard/expert in GH and still thought this boss was stupid. Restarting the boss takes what seems like forever because of stupid loading, you can't see the notes half the time, the whole one-shot kill, and even worse the blind notes where you can't see or hear them at the end. Basically the ending left such a bad taste in my mouth that any inclination to recommend the game to anyone dropped significantly.

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi
5 years ago#3
I'd say its worth it up to and until that point at least. After that, tell them to youtube the ending and give up on getting the platinum for the game.

I can, after some several hours, get up to One's phase and halfway through that before dying. It relies far too much on artificial difficulty created by each sisters little 'schtik'. Honestly, it's like anything that gets attached to Access Games has to have some game killing mechanic in it (for me at least).

The all white should be changed to at least incorporate a bit of red much like how the prior "black and white" sequence played out. Some differentiation in color would go a long way towards reducing the artificial difficulty a little bit.

They focus far too much on the gimmick of the encounter rather than the flow of the encounter itself, and much like 90% of Wii games, that is to its detriment. I've played more than my share of rhythm games, and frankly by the time it hits 2 it goes out of the 4 beat bar it established and remains almost as chaotic through the rest of it.

And, as a personal aside, it's biggest failing is the last hit you have to make, when it fades to black and offers no actual reference to when and how long you need to wait to hit a button to parry the last note. It's bad enough on its own, but for people who might be a bit hard of hearing? I know a couple of people who, unless I was there physically to help them, they'd never beat the game because their hearing isn't by any means "good".

There's plenty of ways to fix it honestly without even adding in a health bar of sorts. It's just a bloody shame they decided to handle it as they did and repeat drakengard 1's finale but just desaturated it and times it by 4, and then some. It has an obvious tone to it, again hinted at by the choice of black and white, but it's washed out by the encounter design itself.
"they'll be too busy yelling at the whiny 12yr olds playing on their Xglove 36k Omnitools playing Call of Duty: Shanxi at War"
~cursedseishi~

User Info: PS3Dragon

PS3Dragon
5 years ago#4
There's a video you can sync up to that will show you when the notes are. Makes it a lot easier. Still hard, but better than the nightmare of relying on sound and the troll notes.

User Info: final_chance

final_chance
5 years ago#5
The fade to black segment is what really got me angry. I got through the rest of it within an hour only to stumble onto that. Complete and utter BS. I've yet to attempt it again. Don't know if I ever will.
"Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters." PSN ID: FatBeezzee (no blank invites please)

User Info: CursedSeishi

CursedSeishi
5 years ago#6
PS3Dragon posted...
There's a video you can sync up to that will show you when the notes are. Makes it a lot easier. Still hard, but better than the nightmare of relying on sound and the troll notes.

True, but one of the first rules in a game is not to force players to subvert something in a game by, say, doing that. If players have to go that far, then there is something wrong with your game.

And, while it might be some latency on my end, I do a little worse when I try using the video than I do going off the game proper.
"they'll be too busy yelling at the whiny 12yr olds playing on their Xglove 36k Omnitools playing Call of Duty: Shanxi at War"
~cursedseishi~

User Info: cdaro

cdaro
5 years ago#7
I can literally count the number of tries it took me to beat this boss on two hands. The last note gave me some problems, but I figured it out pretty quickly.

You guys need to play more rhythm games.
http://i.imgur.com/dhoyf.jpg

User Info: ufara

ufara
5 years ago#8
cdaro posted...

Most rhythm games give you more than one failed note.
I'm going to pick up LPing soon. All constructive criticism is appreciated. Stuff to come soon
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUfaraV2

User Info: cdaro

cdaro
5 years ago#9
ufara posted...
cdaro posted...

Most rhythm games give you more than one failed note.

And most rhythm games require more than one button on a 4/4 beat.

It's really not that hard.
http://i.imgur.com/dhoyf.jpg

User Info: Chojuto

Chojuto
5 years ago#10
cdaro posted...
I can literally count the number of tries it took me to beat this boss on two hands. The last note gave me some problems, but I figured it out pretty quickly.

I play GH on hard/expert, what the f*** else do you want me to do? I also play piano in real life. Fact is actual rhythm games are more forgiving than this final boss.
  1. Boards
  2. Drakengard 3
  3. I liked the game,TILL I FACED THE FINAL BOSS OF ENDING D WOW! Spoilers! DUH
  • Topic Archived