• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Drakengard 3
  3. Framerate is total ass

User Info: Nihilism_Fear

Nihilism_Fear
5 years ago#1
Its terrible. Liking the game so far otherwise but damn. Any news at all on a patch/fix?

User Info: Kouli

Kouli
5 years ago#2
There's even massive lagging and frame drop when there's like, what, few mage using fireballs, LOL, then there's the 30 to 40 seconds loading time, the infamous Cent-Kage-Bunshin bug that can happen to anyone and prevents them from getting all weapons... it's like no one beta test and debug the game.

Anyhow, too many technical issues, doubt Squat Enix will do anything though. The Ver.1.01 which is 300+MB barely did jack squat.
~ Drag On Dragoon 3 ~
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLL61QMgegkrdCqI4JFMrD0_6nCodvVFAm

User Info: SpearOfDawn

SpearOfDawn
5 years ago#3
Nihilism_Fear posted...
Its terrible. Liking the game so far otherwise but damn. Any news at all on a patch/fix?

There's the new patch 1.01, but I've no idea what it does ha.

Don't know if it's only because I'm not that far into the game yet, but I thought the first few levels had really bad framerate issues, but then it became smoother starting chapter 2, I think.

Maybe they'll fix it when the Xtreme Legends version comes out lol
PSN: SpearOfDawn
Playing: IDOLM@STER 2 (PS3), Melty Blood AACC, Love Plus (DS). Anticipating: Under Night IN-Birth, P4 Ultimate, Ciel no Surge.

User Info: Hitagi

Hitagi
5 years ago#4
They didn't bother patching Lightning Returns. They won't bother with this. Square has made it quite clear that they no longer care about putting out technically proficient products.

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
5 years ago#5
Hitagi posted...
They didn't bother patching Lightning Returns. They won't bother with this. Square has made it quite clear that they no longer care about putting out technically proficient products.

What issues did LR have? Didn't play. Heard some frame issues but not sure how major
http://i.imgur.com/0XFg1NY.png

User Info: Hitagi

Hitagi
5 years ago#6
Yeah, LR also suffers from a terrible framerate. It often drops to around 15fps, especially in open areas like the Wildlands. It's a huge step down from both previous games on a technical level.

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
5 years ago#7
Hitagi posted...

Both games are still new, it's a bit early to say "they didn't bother."
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros

User Info: -BrokenSpiral-

-BrokenSpiral-
5 years ago#8
Makes you wonder what else was wrong to postpone the original release date.

User Info: Niu

Niu
5 years ago#9
I am pretty sure they didn't bother with LR.
SE is to busy hosting bunch on-line competition campaign and there is absolutely no hint that they'll try fix the frame rate.

Compare to Falcom, who massed up on their initial release of Sen no Kiseki, took immeidate action and let the playership know that they are working on the patch.

if wasn't for the limited edition box, I would have purchased the DL version of DoD3, which has less problem with frame rate and loading. (The same applies to LR, which I did purchase the DL version).

User Info: Nihilism_Fear

Nihilism_Fear
5 years ago#10
Man I hope they fix it by the English release. But that ain't looking likely
  1. Boards
  2. Drakengard 3
  3. Framerate is total ass
  • Topic Archived