• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Do PS3 saves transfer to the PS4?

User Info: Viper114

Viper114
6 years ago#1
Say I get a PS4 (soon, not tonight) and I decide to redeem my code from the PS3 version to get the PS4 version for $10. Since I've been uploading my saves to the PS+ Cloud, will the PS4 be able to convert and use my save to pick up where I left off on the PS3? Or would I have to start all over from scratch?
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."

User Info: EagleEyedTiger

EagleEyedTiger
6 years ago#2
No
GT/PSN:BigKhoJones
Demonstrate Engage Nurture Neglect Inspire Separate

Viper114
6 years ago#3
Well, shoot. Then I don't think I'd bother with AC4 on the PS4 then, unless if it's known that at least MP progress and DLC is still kept up with what you got on the PS3, or no?

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
6 years ago#4
Viper114 posted...
Well, shoot. Then I don't think I'd bother with AC4 on the PS4 then, unless if it's known that at least MP progress and DLC is still kept up with what you got on the PS3, or no?

No, only the season pass will transfer.

User Info: RexVanZant

RexVanZant
6 years ago#5
Thanks I was so confused as to why I had no save, that's lame

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
6 years ago#6
it actually makes no sense for someone to uprgrade from the 3 to 4 version anyway. it's the same game just with pretty makeup on. framerate is slightly better it seems but he still tends to chug along kinda slowly in Havana. and if u have to start from the beginning y bother
psn= patcooper

User Info: drymwalker

drymwalker
6 years ago#7
patcooper114 posted...
it actually makes no sense for someone to uprgrade from the 3 to 4 version anyway. it's the same game just with pretty makeup on. framerate is slightly better it seems but he still tends to chug along kinda slowly in Havana. and if u have to start from the beginning y bother

Heh, yup. Why I saved myself the $10 to upgrade and just waited for PS4 to come out.
PSN ID: Drymwalker
Platinums: Darksiders 1/2, AC2, Dark Souls, Heavy Rain, Borderlands 1 & 2, Far Cry 3, Drag's Dogma, WD, Skyrim, Dishonored, Puppeteer

User Info: danny_S_06

danny_S_06
6 years ago#8
What about multilayer progress?
PSN: CaptainSellers

Viper114
6 years ago#9
So they offer this nifty way to get the PS4 version if you already have the PS3 version, but no way to transfer save data and DLC? Lame, might as well not bother with AC4 on PS4 when I get one later on.

User Info: Crimson Skys

Crimson Skys
6 years ago#10
patcooper114 posted...

The PS3 to PS4 offer is only good until the end of January so if you know your going to be playing the game again sometime in the future it's probably a good idea to put down the $10 now.
"You spoony bard!" -- Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
  3. Do PS3 saves transfer to the PS4?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A