• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: WalrusIam

WalrusIam
4 years ago#1
Hi,

For some reason I can't equip swords in my game anymore. I'm up to the mission where you have to follow James Kidd around the forest and do some small puzzles. When I access my weapon inventory, I can only equip the hidden blade, pistol, and some bombs. I've looked into google for this problem and it seems I'm not the only one who has this issue. I haven't found any fixes.

Any help would be great, thanks!

User Info: aurllcooljay

aurllcooljay
4 years ago#2
It seems you encountered a bug where you somehow dropped/unequipped the dual swords. If you haven't tried buying them, or if you have and it wouldn't let you, try replaying the memory where you escape imprisonment with Adewale. During that memory you regain the dual swords that were taken away after being caught by the Templars in sequence 2.
Visit thehiddenblade.com for expert gameplay videos in Assassins Creed; which includes speed, stealth, style and finding things that shouldn't be possible.

aurllcooljay
4 years ago#3
Wait, are you saying you don't have the swords anymore, or they just don't show up in the weapon selection? If it's the latter I'm stumped.
Visit thehiddenblade.com for expert gameplay videos in Assassins Creed; which includes speed, stealth, style and finding things that shouldn't be possible.

User Info: WalrusIam

WalrusIam
4 years ago#4
Well I fixed the problem, for some reason they weren't even in my inventory, I couldnt select them. But I went into the captain's cabin and just re-equipped them. Thanks anyway for your help.

aurllcooljay
4 years ago#5
So it was a bug that dropped/removed your swords. I can imagine some people would want to play the game without them because of their flashy and dangerous appearance. At least the game wasn't forcing you to equip armor like some of the previous ones.

Let me know if you find out how this glitch happened. :)

User Info: dragnslayer573

dragnslayer573
4 years ago#6
happened to me once, i had hidden blades pistols and smoke bombs. i wish i would have it happen to me again, i don't like have 2 swords with me everywhere i go.
In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away, for the time I've been given, I am what I am.

aurllcooljay
4 years ago#7
It's your lucky day. There just so happens to be a method for permanently removing your swords.
http://thehiddenblade.com/how-permanently-remove-swords-ac4
  • Topic Archived