• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Bman10119

Bman10119
8 years ago#1
Can anyone give any tips/advice on harpooning? Im trying to take down a white whale right now and keep desynching because he destroys the boat. My boat and harpoons are upgraded to lvl 3 and the storage is at max. Also if anyone has any ideas as to where humpback whales are thatd be good to know too!
XboxLive GT: LethalBman10119
PSN: Lethalbman10119

User Info: Acehunter7

Acehunter7
8 years ago#2
Upgrade your stuff to at least tier 2. The white whale is the hardest to take down but the biggest target. When he is about to raise his tail out of the water to slam the boat one of the crew will notify you so listen for it. When he is about to come bursting out of the water after he breaks the line look at the front left and right of the boat.. when he is about to come up a white circle will appear so get your harpoon ready so immediately as he comes up you can hit him. and don't just throw the harpoons without charging them that pretty much just wastes harpoons, make sure you charge them to do maximum damage.

Bman10119
8 years ago#3
So when they say his tails coming or i see the white circle how do I stop it from damaging the ship?

User Info: evildarknight

evildarknight
8 years ago#4
1 Charge Harpoon, Rapid Fire the 1-3 more. Charge is good, but it's not ideal for stopping attacks. I had to learn Harpooning as I fought him. px My first catch.
Yet, the Arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end.
It matters not who you are...Death awaits you.

User Info: bigboyhowdy2

bigboyhowdy2
8 years ago#5
The only way Ive found to take down the white whale is to not fully charge all your harpoons. Just aim and let em rip, especially when its doing a tail slap.

I think if you get 2 or 3 harpoons in the whale from the time your crew warns you, it will stagger it before it attacks.

Obviously the only way to do that is to throw as fast as possible

Bman10119
8 years ago#6
I just go the tail, if you hit it with a charge started right when they say it as its just starting to curve out of the water it stopped it for me twice. and according to a youtube video if you hit him in the flipper when he jumps out at your ship with a charge shot it SHOULD save you. still trying. I'll test out this less charge shots theory now. Thanks!

Bman10119
8 years ago#7
I GOT IT! a half charged one for the tail SHOULD take it down, but gives you enough time if it missed or didnt hit right to throw another chargeless one to save you. as soon as he breaks the rope start charging and when you see his snout(?) breach the water release. this'll give you time to throw a chargeless shot that should hit the flipper and stop you from taking damage. i pulled it off with only one harpoon left lol. thanks for the help!

User Info: NoahCKent

NoahCKent
8 years ago#8
Also, Where do you buy more harpoon ammo or does it refill? I'm about to go after a humpback whale.

User Info: spicy_badger

spicy_badger
8 years ago#9
it refills
give a man a match, he'll be warm for a minute, but light him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A