• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: benjbenj2003

benjbenj2003
3 years ago#1
why do ppl love single player so much? the difficulty is set to casual baby mode, the gameplay and mission designs have clearly been developed with young audience in mind and not the actual mature audience the game is labeled with. ed is at super saiyan levels of op with way too many eazy combat options and ahh the boats, i loved the boats in ac3 but like everything else in ac4 it got dumbed down and now the players ship is also crazy op and the ai has no boat tactics they just sail towards u gettin ready to ram. the ai boats constantly spawn in at the edge of ur view range breaking all immersion for me, along with there being no civilian or trade vessels on the waters. the only actual time the game kicks ur butt is when trying to kill the 4 legend ships but once they ded u cant fight em anymore bye bye challenge xD. the freerunning is also really bad like the worst iv played in a ac game its really unreliable as theres usually to much little things getting in ed's way makin him jump in stupid directions mix that in with the flat level designs, horrible desmonds dead so go read stuff in fps sections and uh yea this game is bad and ubi only released it for the moneys. i could go on (ac storyplot?) xD please some1 agree with me that this game single player is one of the worst in ac im goin mad here everywere i look ppl are 10/10 cause pirates. ac3 was a much better game to play.

benjbenj2003
3 years ago#2
lol rant over sorry if i offend the little ones or those who havnt been playing ac from the start. im just extra salty cause of ubisoft completely screwing up the ac franchise :'( talk about too many cooks in the kitchen.

benjbenj2003
3 years ago#3
ok so i guess it's only fair i point out the good stuff i remember xD character designs are awesome as usual along with teh boat designs, underwater sections were good and made the player actualy think cause they remove all his op gear but seemed like it was developed late in the day but i dunno lol defo a keeper though is always fun when u dump a player into the waters filled with sharks. graphics were amazing cause they used that to sell the game lol if u dont belive me then just look what happened to the next ac game so pretty but gameplay and engine stability take a nose-dive.
uhm oh pirate dialog and story was done well enough but ac story sections were sleep inducing borefests. the boats looked great with crew and seashanties never got old for me, is why im so mad at teh boats cause they nailed that sh't in ac 3 but some1 went over it all with a casual brush so the baby mlgtards could play the game without crying for 2 mins. trying to ..stay...positive. hunting! glad to see hunting return, sleep darting crocs was silly but sneaky monkeys and epic whale fights were both awesome. werehouses was a good idea but the execution was poorly done, gaurd placements were dumb and casual instead of actually protecting the werehouse. uhm new weapons hmm the guns were cool but it was ruined by allowing the player to use them alll the time, coulda been better if they were on a cooldown of sorts for use as a panic button move. upgrading was handled well. mini game was good but AGAIN the casual marketing got to that 1 so is just eazy and boring. oof im done for now. feel free to mention stuff iv forgotton.

benjbenj2003
3 years ago#4
oh and why does ed have assassin super powers? he grew up climbing ships i guess but yea game doesn't explain ed's freefunning ability xD ac4's plot is full o holes like this, ed's story just wasnt deep enough for me.
  • Topic Archived