This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. How to increase your Light Level fast and painlessly to 280+

User Info: LazyKorean

LazyKorean
4 years ago#1
Ok guys I'm stuck at work now after 2 days of TTK grind(got myself good 10 hours sleep in that 48 hour gaming marathon)

I managed to max out at 294 Light yesterday, used some of the blues to infuse Exotic/Legendary and sitting well at 293 Light Warlock. My Titan at 283 once I transfer guns. Hunter is untouched.

VANGUARD STRIKES is the way to go along with some questing. Loot drops and engram opening is based on your current Light level, so play the strikes with your highest possible Light.

The Level 36 Strike is very rewarding up till 265+ Light

For explanations sake, lets say you are at 245 Light.

> You finish a Level 36 Strike and get 255 Light blue chest, you're wearing 244 Light Legendary chest, equip the blue one...

> You will put the 244 Light Legendary away for awhile, DO NOT INFUSE. (Explained later)

> Finish another Level 36 Strike and you'll get 260 Light blue chest to replace it, gradually going up up up.

> You get better loot if you continuously keep doing strikes without leaving(Confirmed on Bungie update news)

> After 5-10 Strikes later you have tons of engrams, go to Tower.

> Always use Blues before Purple! If you have good patience, save the Purples inside Vault.

> Use engrams 1 at a time so you can equip higher Light gear before opening new engrams.

> By now you should be at 260+ Light, enter the HEROIC Vanguard Strikes.

> Again, equip new better gear at end of each Strike, continue for 5-10 Strikes then go to Tower to open engrams again.

> After HEROICS you should be at 280+ Light

> If you saved Legendary Engrams throughout this process, open it now, you'll jump a few more Levels.

> If you did not save Legendary Engrams, but instead vaulted the Legendaries you can use infuse now.

>>> Why vault the Legendary gear instead of Infusing? Don't waste your Marks. Infusing a 240 Light Legendary with a 260 Light Blue will bring it around 250 something Light. Then you'll Infuse again and again, it's a waste of marks... That's why you vault it when you outgrow it, proudly wear the blues up to 280-290 Light. Infusing 240 Light Legendaries with 290 Light Blues will give it a good jump, spend less Marks.
>Infuse ONLY what you want to keep, sure we don't lack Marks but it's pointless to waste them.

>>> For those with multiple Characters, I found an effective way to JUMP some Massive Light levels. My Titan hit 260+ Light to start, very quickly rose to 282.
> Do some more Strikes on first character, vault all ARMOR engrams, open the WEAPON engrams.

> Transfer your GUNS with Highest Light, your GHOST too! Don't forget the GHOST. GHOST. GHOST.

> Since your first Character is at 280-290 Light now, your guns should be there too, Ghost as well.

> Moving them over brings your second Character instantly to 240 Light or so.

> Start opening the BLUE ARMOR engrams one by one, equipping as you open them, don't forget to equip your 280-290 Light WEAPONS + Ghost before opening engrams.

> Without leaving the Tower you're at 260+ Light

> Run some HEROICS and repeat the process as first Character did, you'll be at 280+

> Plow through quests to get easy Marks and goodies.

>>> By ARMOR I include the Class item as well, it's ARMOR too!

>>> Don't forget to play the Daily and Weekly stuff!
3DS FC: 2766-8380-8233
PSN: LuckyByun

LazyKorean
4 years ago#2
About the Daily and Weekly rewards...

> We can only do the Daily Crucible and Mission once per ACCOUNT, this is a change from Y1 we used to be able to do them once per CHARACTER.

> Vanguard HEROIC Strikes give you Legendary Engram + Marks + Experience. There's multiple ways you can go about this.
1. Run it 3 times on One character, you'll get Legendary Engram the first run but you'll get the Marks 3 times.
2. Run it once on EACH character, you'll get Legendary Engram on the first run on Each character

> Nightfall rewards remain the same, ONE run per CHARACTER. For those wondering, you can EASILY do Nightfall at 270+ Light due to Small Arms modifier. You may be able to do it below 270 but I was 273 when doing it and it was easier than HEROIC Strikes.

> There's apparently Weekly Crucible Bounties but I haven't figured out how to unlock yet.

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
4 years ago#3
Is it true that your rewards in strikes are based off of your light level and not the difficulty of the strike. Well, not entirely off the difficulty of the strike.

User Info: PHoToS999

PHoToS999
4 years ago#4
Good stuff. I'd gotten out of the habit of doing strikes, so knowing that they're actually useful is good info.
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
Visit my Youtube Channel for Dark Souls (1&2) and League of Legends stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/TeHPHoBoS999

User Info: solidus_kalt

solidus_kalt
4 years ago#5
^^ sounds so great TC :) thx

LazyKorean
4 years ago#6
Noyack posted...
Is it true that your rewards in strikes are based off of your light level and not the difficulty of the strike. Well, not entirely off the difficulty of the strike.

I was doing quite a lot of Level 36 Strikes at 266 Light myself, but I wasn't getting gear from Boss kill to replace my own as often as I was before 260 Light, when I moved over to HEROICS it was steadily rising again. Could be bad luck with RNG but to be safe, do HEROICS, especially if you got the Strikes Quest that requires you to do Strikes.

But yes the rewards in Strikes are based off your current Light level. So equip your highest Light, while managing to get the Strike done.

LazyKorean
4 years ago#7
Bump

User Info: Mitsumanic

Mitsumanic
4 years ago#8
Sticky this.