This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. How to restart a mission

User Info: efarley911

efarley911
5 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I need to know how to restart a mission once you've passed a check point.

For example last night I needed to kill divisive mind for a bounty. I killed him only to realize I had forgotten the heroic modifier. I left and started the mission again with heroic only to find myself starting after he was dead every time. I tried going back to orbit, restarting the game, restarting the console, I looked for a restart mission option but never found one which forced me to complete the entire black garden mission, watch that stupid end game cut scene you can't skip and then restart the mission all over again with heroic. This was a HUGE waste of time and I should be able to just choose start from beginning. I could have done like three other bounties in the time it took me to finish that mission so I could actually restart it.

User Info: Rybal

Rybal
5 years ago#2
When you're selecting the mission, what happens when you change the difficulty?
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81

User Info: Druff

Druff
5 years ago#3
I think what I ended up doing the one time I needed to do this was go back to orbit, start a different mission, go back to orbit, and then return to the mission I was trying to do.
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four

User Info: recklesssid

recklesssid
5 years ago#4
LOL @ no way to restart a mission without starting a new one!

RecklessSID
Peter Griffin: [Writing Letter] Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog.

efarley911
5 years ago#5
I know changing the difficulty didn't work. I'll have to try starting a new mission. I'm in the same boat again getting 10 ultras. First half of worlds grave had 5, now I need to start over and re kill those guys to get 10 kills.

User Info: Rybal

Rybal
5 years ago#6
efarley911 posted...
I know changing the difficulty didn't work. I'll have to try starting a new mission. I'm in the same boat again getting 10 ultras. First half of worlds grave had 5, now I need to start over and re kill those guys to get 10 kills.

Which ultras are you trying to get? Hive and Fallen are really easy to get on Earth's patrol.

For hive, as soon as you land, turn left and go downstairs under the building. You'll have 3 right there that respawn by the time you get to the stairwell and return.

For fallen, just go to the Divide. There's a regularly appearing yellow fallen that drops out from the dropship on the road. Others will also spawn every couple of minutes.
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81

efarley911
5 years ago#7
Hive, thanks for the tips. You hit 5 outta 10 in as many minutes running world's grave, but if you can't restart than that's useless

2 are located outside the entrance, two more to the left of the knight with the key (down a walkway along the large casum), and the knight with the key himself makes 5.

efarley911
5 years ago#8
I just remembered starting another mission also doesn't restart others. The first time I loaded world's grave last night I started at the final boss and I'd defiantly played other missions since I quit after grabbing the chest in that chamber.

efarley911
5 years ago#9
Bah I must have been tired or something last night. There is an option to resume or restart when you hover over the emblem on the map.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. How to restart a mission
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A