This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Does the Cryptarch's Rank Even Matter?

User Info: cFlan

cFlan
4 years ago#1
Ive picked up several legendary engrams. Is it beneficial to wait when my Cryptarch is a higher rank for a better possibility of them turning into actual legendaries? Or am I just prolonging the inevitable? Is the engram going to be what its going to be based on my rank when I picked it up?
Gamertag: I8 ASSASSIN 8I

User Info: Salvadorzamo

Salvadorzamo
4 years ago#2
Ranking up the cryptarch gives you a parcel in the mail with 2-3 random engrams. I found between level 1-5 they were all blues I recently went from 5-6 and recieved 1 blue and 2 legendary engrams in the mail.
PSN: Salvadorzamo

User Info: CarmineCarnageX

CarmineCarnageX
4 years ago#3
I don't think the rank of the cryptarch affects the chance of getting a higher rank item, but the legendary engrams from ranking him up definitely don't hurt.
XBL, PSN, Steam - CarmineCarnage
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2846834/

User Info: BeyondAllHope

BeyondAllHope
4 years ago#4
cFlan posted...
Ive picked up several legendary engrams. Is it beneficial to wait when my Cryptarch is a higher rank for a better possibility of them turning into actual legendaries? Or am I just prolonging the inevitable? Is the engram going to be what its going to be based on my rank when I picked it up?

Short answer. No.
PSN: ObsidianUroboros

User Info: HeroShiba

HeroShiba
4 years ago#5
The more you level it up, the more likely you will get legendaries you'll get for engrams.
It betters your chances for getting better loot.
PSN: HeroShiba
"I'm a leaf on the wind."

User Info: Joey-Zaza

Joey-Zaza
4 years ago#6
I'm pretty sure your chances of getting better loot go up as I'm starting to see more and more legendaries and my dude is level 9 now.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I

User Info: Boyo617

Boyo617
4 years ago#7
Joey-Zaza posted...
I'm pretty sure your chances of getting better loot go up as I'm starting to see more and more legendaries and my dude is level 9 now.

You must have incredible luck. I'm level 24 and I haven't gotten a single legendary yet.
PSN: Mexican_EggRoll
Currently Playing: BF4, Destiny, Diablo 3

User Info: RagnarokSam

RagnarokSam
4 years ago#8
Boyo617 posted...
Joey-Zaza posted...

You must have incredible luck. I'm level 24 and I haven't gotten a single legendary yet.

I think he meant his cryptarch's level was 9,not his Guardian.

User Info: Rand9393

Rand9393
4 years ago#9
I'm level 26 and my Cryptarch is rank 14 and I still get mostly crap from legendary engrams.
"I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

User Info: AirWolfSound

AirWolfSound
4 years ago#10
cFlan posted...

The item you get in the engram is locked once you pick it up. The game has already assigned a rarity and decided what it's going to be. If you hold on to it, it will level with you, but the rarity and what time of item it is has already been determined by the RNG.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny
  3. Does the Cryptarch's Rank Even Matter?
  • Topic Archived