• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. I don't like the Infamous Rank ending. But I understand why it happened.

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
4 weeks ago#1
Delsin is kind of a whiny kid, after all. After Reggie died it makes sense for him to want to kill Augustine and Hank. Moreso Augustine than Hank because Hank was tricked and personally I'd chose to let the guy live because he did it for his daughter, just like Delsin is doing what he's doing for his family. But back to the topic.

After Augustine kills Reggie, it's the natural reaction for Delsin to want her dead, and that's why you don't have a choice but to kill her. Hell, even on my good playthrough I wanted to kill her for killing Reggie. In a better written story he also would've killed Reggie before this, himself. They'd have a falling out because of how evil Delsin is being, for killing cops and civilians. Then Delsin would shoot him in the head and go work with Hank. Add in a delicious bit of dark irony if he let's Hank live so he could be with his daughter.

But after getting Augustine's powers and killing her, Delsin basically became a ruler. With his friend Eugene and f***buddy Fetch, who are both power hungry monsters like he is, the world is basically his.

And despite really truly having no reason to go back to the Akomish, Delsin still would. Because despite how much of a monster he is, he keeps his promises. So when the Akomish does the expected and NATURAL thing and disowns his ass, he didn't need to kill them. They'd die anyway because they refused his help.

So I would've preferred Delsin to tell sweet old Betty to "f*** off. You can all suffer here. I have an empire to build. And you can all watch, while you all stay here, waiting for your slow, pain-filled deaths." Then instead of Betty closing the door on him, he slams the door on Betty. His family disowned him, and so he'd let them suffer, by going to enjoy his life as a tyrant.

This is the ending I would've LOVED to see.

But instead, Delsin threw a temper tantrum like a little b**** baby. But, this was also an appropriate ending for him. He's not a deep thinker, he isn't someone who uses logic or has well-thought out plans for revenge. Frankly even when he WANTS revenge he doesn't do anything a real villain would do. He doesn't make people suffer he just kills them.

It's frankly the laziest evil things I've seen out of a character. A better villain would've dragged Augustine to the cameras, shown the world what she did, THEN killed her.

And then with Hank, I'd still want him to go live with his daughter, considering he was coerced into doing what he did, but if Delsin really wanted revenge he'd have either killed Hank's daughter THEN him, or brought him to his daughter either to kill him in front of her, or to bring her his body.

He's a dumb kid who does "evil" like a child would. Or like someone who doesn't understand the Joker thinks what "evil" is. "The Joker is evil because he likes killing people." Is as deep as Delsin's Infamous persona goes. No chaos, no nuance.

And that's why I think Delsin nuking the Akomish for turning him away is DUMB, but completely in character.
Pit has the best thighs and I'd wiggity-wiggity WRECK that butt.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. I don't like the Infamous Rank ending. But I understand why it happened.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A