• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. So... S.O.L? (Cole's Legacy)

User Info: tanookisuit

tanookisuit
1 year ago#1
I didn't buy this game Day 1, since I didn't have money for a PS4 at the time.
Fast forward many years later, and I eventually bought the game (just the STANDARD Edition), and I finally got around to 100% it today.

However, I didn't know the game's initial pre-order bonuses are not purchasable on the North American PSN store. Or maybe I am missing something? I know you can buy the digital add-ons on EU PSN stores, but not N.A.

That really sucks... so my only choice then is to find a new copy of the Day 1 Limited Edition on eBay? Even then, won't the codes have expired by now? And it's not just "Cole's Legacy" that I'm losing out on, there are extra jackets/vests, too...

Thankfully I was able to get Paper Trails free/completed (btw, not worth the trouble at all - what a sloggggg).

Edit: It really sucks when PS/Sony (or any publisher, really) does this. The same thing happened with Until Dawn - if you don't buy it Day 1 from EB Games/GameStop, you don't get the bonus playable chapter. I HATE when that stuff happens - makes me hate digital content even more!

User Info: LordTrinen

LordTrinen
1 year ago#2
tanookisuit posted...
That really sucks... so my only choice then is to find a new copy of the Day 1 Limited Edition on eBay? Even then, won't the codes have expired by now? And it's not just "Cole's Legacy" that I'm losing out on, there are extra jackets/vests, too...

I got lucky and bought the game Day 1. If it's any consolation, thought these codes technically have expiration dates I keep hearing about how people are able to redeem them LONG after the supposed date. So if you can find a copy, it should work.

tanookisuit posted...
The same thing happened with Until Dawn - if you don't buy it Day 1 from EB Games/GameStop, you don't get the bonus playable chapter. I HATE when that stuff happens - makes me hate digital content even more!

Amen. While I got this game Day 1, I wasn't so lucky with Until Dawn. I was profoundly disappointed when I heard that this DLC would remain pre-order exclusive. People keep saying that this extra chapter doesn't add much to the overall story, in a game where character interactions are key, every bit of story is important.

User Info: tanookisuit

tanookisuit
1 year ago#3
> People keep saying that this extra chapter doesn't add much to the overall story, in a game where character interactions are key, every bit of story is important.

This is so true! And the annoying thing is, these people have the gulls to say "hurr durr, just watch it on Youtube" or "Sony MOVIE games - you aren't missing out on anything". SMH...

Anyways, I was lucky to find someone that has "insider contacts" with PS HQ, so they have codes that actually work beyond the expiry date. He's got a 97% rating on eBay, and he's sold 147 of the same codes before, so I think I'm lucky this time!

Too bad I can't get the 3 pre-order Vests from Penny Arcade, etc.

Edit: My God, the Limited and Collector's edition is so darn expensive. Sigh.. another example of missing out on Day 1 sucks!
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. So... S.O.L? (Cole's Legacy)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A