• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. Final boss... grr. (SPOILERS)

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
3 years ago#1
This game has a few control idiosyncrasies that make this fight a pain in the ass.

The main problem is Delsin's stun animation. If you get hit by one attack, his recovery takes enough time where he might get hit by another attack. Since you're getting hit pretty hard, that can be enough to take you down.

The solution? Avoid attacks. That's easier said than done, though, because Delsin needs to recover from his other animations, or he might get stuck on some of the geometry. Or maybe he's doing that slow-hover thing he's been doing the whole rest of the game, I don't know. What I do know is that when I want him to dodge, he's not always dodging.

And then there's Augustine's attacks, which are frequently close-range and area-of-effect. Get hit, they get in the way of the camera, and your escape route (if you're able to get one) isn't exactly visible.

Plus concrete isn't nearly as good at anything as your other three powers except verticality, so.

My complaint comes down to this: a lot of the stuff you could work around during the rest of the game you're forced to deal with during this last fight. To the game's credit, I've really put in a lot of time with it (going so far as to start the Paper Trail missions online), and I don't often finish games anymore. This last bit, though? I'm a little put off.

User Info: Gryfter

Gryfter
3 years ago#2
Find the corner with the tree and stay behind it if you're having trouble.
PSN: Gryfter

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
3 years ago#3
As it turns out, you can spend your blast shards in the middle of the fight. She went down much more easily once I did that.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous: Second Son
  3. Final boss... grr. (SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A