• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  3. The game guide apparently called Starlow a he....

User Info: Riikiwi

Riikiwi
6 years ago#1
Here is an image of the game guide I have and the description for starlow:
http://i44.tinypic.com/10ol4yr.jpg

The line where they say starlow is a guy is "As he did during their previous adventure"
Hint the. Keyword HE.

Idk if this is a typo,or if I'm reading it wrong, OR if this is another case of what I like to call "birdo misconfusion"
3DS friend code: 4554 - 0491 - 0812
Hailey of Baynot (Please alert me when adding me on friends list)

User Info: WalkerRD

WalkerRD
6 years ago#2
Starlow is a male, it comes up in BIS.
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa

User Info: Mark1117

Mark1117
6 years ago#3
WalkerRD posted...

I remember in the beginning of BiS, Starlow was trapped by goombules, and said "No way to treat a lady!"
It's not about winning, it's about making sure the other person loses.
3DS FC: 1848-1670-8491

User Info: WalkerRD

WalkerRD
6 years ago#4
Mark1117 posted...
WalkerRD posted...

I remember in the beginning of BiS, Starlow was trapped by goombules, and said "No way to treat a lady!"

Maybe you're right. I could have sworn I remembered Starlow getting mad when someone referred to it as a female at one point. I'm probably just crazy.
"He who koops and runs away lives to koop another day!" - King Koopa

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
6 years ago#5
"Starlow (known as Chippy by Bowser) is a character who first appears in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and returns in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. She is a Star Sprite who helps Mario and Luigi by giving hints and holding items. She has a similar role to Stuffwell from the previous game. Her name is a portmanteau of the words "star" and "yellow"."

From the Mario Wiki which calls her a female throughout the page.
Sister-How would you feel if you were playing a game, and in that game, Mario was a baby? Me-I'd be playing Yoshi's Island, so I would be feeling great.

User Info: OpShaft

OpShaft
6 years ago#6
Quote:"Starlow (known as Chippy by Bowser) is a character who first appears in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and returns in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. She is a Star Sprite who helps Mario and Luigi by giving hints and holding items. She has a similar role to Stuffwell from the previous game. Her name is a portmanteau of the words "star" and "yellow"."

@Duncanwii

Well it IS a wiki. I'm on the fence.
Disregard females, acquire currency.

User Info: Watt64

Watt64
6 years ago#7
Duncanwii posted...
"Starlow (known as Chippy by Bowser) is a character who first appears in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and returns in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. She is a Star Sprite who helps Mario and Luigi by giving hints and holding items. She has a similar role to Stuffwell from the previous game. Her name is a portmanteau of the words "star" and "yellow"."

And her name is "Cosma" in some other language, a female variation of Cosmo.

And she has girly eyelashes, for the second time.
"So, um, I really want to help. I'll be good, really!"

Watt64
6 years ago#8
OpShaft posted...
Quote:"Starlow (known as Chippy by Bowser) is a character who first appears in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and returns in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. She is a Star Sprite who helps Mario and Luigi by giving hints and holding items. She has a similar role to Stuffwell from the previous game. Her name is a portmanteau of the words "star" and "yellow"."

@Duncanwii

Well it IS a wiki. I'm on the fence.

Play BIS again, and you'll see that she's obviously a girl.

User Info: OpShaft

OpShaft
6 years ago#9
Who says I played it in the first place? Could starlow not be metrosexual or gender disoriented? Perhaps even gender less.
Disregard females, acquire currency.

Watt64
6 years ago#10
OpShaft posted...
Who says I played it in the first place? Could starlow not be metrosexual or gender disoriented? Perhaps even gender less.

No, she's a girl. It's so obvious. She has GIRLY EYELASHES, for god's sake. Ps, look at all the fan art of her and Bowser... O-o;
  1. Boards
  2. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
  3. The game guide apparently called Starlow a he....
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
I completed the demo...Zero_Maniac47/30 8:05PM