• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. So I'm bad at aiming. Need help please!

User Info: trakrunr4evr

trakrunr4evr
7 years ago#1
I just came from playing the last few COD's on console and have been an above average player and sitting around a 2.5 K/D. This is my first PC game ever and my accuracy is absolutely horrible. I am also using a KB+M, which I heard is way easier to aim with. I have not jumped into an online game yet due to how bad my accuracy is. I've just been playing against bots. Maybe I'm just having a hard time adjusting? Anyone have any tips to help me suck less?
FFBE ID: 192-608-876 IGN: Riley

User Info: gz774

gz774
7 years ago#2
You can use controller. There is tons of auto aim. You are finding it hard to aim with M/KB because you are used to tons of auto aim. I used to be a console shooter myself and when I started playing PC games i had to get used to no auto aim, cept COD. I would throw away the controller and stick with M/KB. I hated it until I got used to it. Get a good gaming mouse and mechanical KB.

User Info: Psycho_Lu_Bu

Psycho_Lu_Bu
7 years ago#3
by gaming mouse he means a laser mouse
not an optical

User Info: macmahon187

macmahon187
7 years ago#4
Well it does take practice but check your sensitivity and start slow and gradually move it higher the more you get used to it. I learned with quake 3 back in 2000 and it took me months to get good.
i7-2600k OC 4.2ghz l ASRock P67 PRO3 l GTX 970 l 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws 1600 l 1Tb WD Black 7200 rpm l 3x 2 TB Samsung F4 5400rpm I BD burner

User Info: paynekiller70

paynekiller70
7 years ago#5
gz774 posted...
You can use controller. There is tons of auto aim. You are finding it hard to aim with M/KB because you are used to tons of auto aim. I used to be a console shooter myself and when I started playing PC games i had to get used to no auto aim, cept COD. I would throw away the controller and stick with M/KB. I hated it until I got used to it. Get a good gaming mouse and mechanical KB.

You mean aim assist not auto aim, their is a big difference. You don't play console games much do you?
Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Jesse Jackson

User Info: gz774

gz774
7 years ago#6
Right,I did mean aim assist. I don't play consoles much, they are dead to me.

User Info: oSTONEFACEo

oSTONEFACEo
7 years ago#7
Psycho Lu Bu posted...
by gaming mouse he means a laser mouse
not an optical

remember when the old school mouse had a ball at the bottom...do they still make those?
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site, you are agreeing to eat all cookies.

User Info: Psycho_Lu_Bu

Psycho_Lu_Bu
7 years ago#8
Nah they don't make those anymore man lol

Yeah I used 'em when I was real young, been using pc's since 1997, I was 7.

User Info: Khthonios

Khthonios
7 years ago#9
Mouse and keyboads are superior to controllers. I can never keep up with PC gaming so I'm stuck with stupid game pads.

I was godly at Counter Strike back in the day. The TTK seems just as short in this game, and this game makes BO2 look like Halo. SO certain tips are universal IMO.

Screw going up gradually. ImO starting at a very high senaitivty is better and working your way down. This makes it easier as you progress down.

STAY at head level. Or where your guns aim recoil will be. Some guns have predictable recoil. Always aim to where a death will come.

And when possible strafe to make micro adjustments. Its easier to move into your target's head than to move your mouse towards a moving object.

Seriously I just started playing and this game is ridiculous on how fast engagements end. Accuracy levels for full autos and TTK are insanely small.

Shoot up the bot difficulty to veteran. If you can kill those bots with aim hacks then you'll do just fine.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Ghosts
  3. So I'm bad at aiming. Need help please!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I get past (Federation Day)? Main Quest5 Answers
Season Pass all dlcs? General1 Answer